How Close To Departure Date Can Names Be Changed?

ManhattanCruiser

My DW and I are (we HOPE) sailing on the Golden December 1st. I'm hoping that the following scenario is NOT going to happen... however... it looks as if our daughter (in her seventh month of pregnancy) may POSSIBLY need to be confined to bedrest until delivery. My wife, of course, would not leave her to fend for herself during that time... so there's a chance we won't be able to cruise.

It looks like we will know by the end of next week if we will be able to sail.

If we are NOT able to go (a first for both of us) would we be able to change the names on the reservation to our son -- and let HIM take a friend along?

Now we are both Elite... as are our children... in case Princess might give us a little leeway for our years of loyalty -- but my guess is that this will come down to a simple "policy" issue.

Anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance.

No, I am sorry, but the best you will be able to do is to change ONE NAME on the reservation. Both passengers can not be substituted for two others, there is just no way around this. One of the original booked passengers must take the cruise. It doesn't make any difference what tier you have acheived in the captains circle. Again, sorry.

If your son happens to have the same name as you I think you could pull off changing the other guest and just putting his bday in the cruise personalizer instead of your own.

Hmmmm... it soi happens my son DOES have the same name as me. I may call Princess and 'fess up what the real scoop is, and see what they say about the possibility.

Thanks.

Hmmmm... it soi happens my son DOES have the same name as me. I may call Princess and 'fess up what the real scoop is, and see what they say about the possibility.

Thanks.

It really should be ok then because my boyfriend and his father have the same name and my first trip with him they had him as his dad by accident since his dad had previously been on princess and we hadn't. We had to change his bday in the personalizer and then change his wife to me. We had a running joke the whole time that he went away with his young girlf instead of his wife. I cannot see how they would even know it wasn't originally your son that even booked the trip. Good luck with the trip and your daughter's pregnancy.

It really should be ok then because my boyfriend and his father have the same name and my first trip with him they had him as his dad by accident since his dad had previously been on princess and we hadn't. We had to change his bday in the personalizer and then change his wife to me. We had a running joke the whole time that he went away with his young girlf instead of his wife. I cannot see how they would even know it wasn't originally your son that even booked the trip. Good luck with the trip and your daughter's pregnancy.

Well... that's good to hear... because it's looking more likely that we'll be staying at home.

I spoke with a very nice Princess rep today who said pretty much the same thing (that we could change the birth date if it was somehow "WRONG", wink-wink)... and since we didn't get insurance this time around (maybe the third time ever we didn't) we want SOMEONE to enjoy this trip since it's paid for.

Our son lives in Los Angeles... so he's in the process of getting time off, and getting a friend lined up to join him.

So... I'm guessing I don't need to buy him a Christmas gift this year, huh?

:)

Archived