Reserving for myself and a "Doe"....?

Anonymous Number

I'm thinking of booking my second cruise for sometime next fall. I've been looking at a few itineraries, but haven't narrowed any down yet.

My problem is that since it would be so early, I can't plan for anyone specific to go with me. Since the price difference between single and double is negligible, I don't really have a problem going solo.

My question is could I reserve for myself and "Unnamed Doe," and then pay the name change fee later down the road? Or, could I book as single then add someone else later?

Carnival allowed us to do a TBA but we had to pay the deposit for this person. Later when we could not find the TBA person to go with our daughter we canceled that "person", moved our daughter into a room with our sons, and the deposit for the TBA person went towards paying for the other room.

I'm thinking of booking my second cruise for sometime next fall. I've been looking at a few itineraries, but haven't narrowed any down yet.

My problem is that since it would be so early, I can't plan for anyone specific to go with me. Since the price difference between single and double is negligible, I don't really have a problem going solo.

My question is could I reserve for myself and "Unnamed Doe," and then pay the name change fee later down the road? Or, could I book as single then add someone else later?

you can book solo now and just pay the deposit for one person at the solo rate. This will allow you to lock in a cabin. If the rate changes between now and when you get in the second deposit....that second person would be booked in at the newer rate. If you go this route get the second person deposit in asap to lock in their rate.

you can book solo now and just pay the deposit for one person at the solo rate. This will allow you to lock in a cabin. If the rate changes between now and when you get in the second deposit....that second person would be booked in at the newer rate. If you go this route get the second person deposit in asap to lock in their rate.

Of course, if the rate goes up.... :eek:

So, if I put down two deposits for two pax, and don't have another pax, the second deposit could go towards my fare, right?

Carnival allowed us to do a TBA but we had to pay the deposit for this person. Later when we could not find the TBA person to go with our daughter we canceled that "person", moved our daughter into a room with our sons, and the deposit for the TBA person went towards paying for the other room.

That's cool. It would lead me to believe the $ can go towards my solo fare. :D

Of course, if the rate goes up.... :eek:

So, if I put down two deposits for two pax, and don't have another pax, the second deposit could go towards my fare, right?

Should be.......I always switch my wife out to a different cabin when we decide to take the kids and don't want to commit the extra deposit.....the deposit just transfers around. Just off my Miracle and called my Carnival guy about next years cruise (the wife was blocking a cabin for the kids)....as it turned out the rates dropped a couple hundred so I quick switched her back to our cabin and paid the deposits for theirs to lock everything in. I didn't wan't commit deposit before I went on the Miracle (I had an extra $500 for back up spending)

I am booked for the Imagination in February. Wasn't sure if my father or a friend might go with me, so my PVP suggested I book myself and a TBA. This locked in the cabin #, which was especially nice because we're doing a B2B. (in the same cabin)

I had to pay both deposits, but if it ends up being just me(which it has), that $ will go toward my solo fare.

Archived