Review of ike witte charter

robertzega

We sailed with Capt. Pat in October. We had a wonderful day, with beautiful weather. Capt. Pat was great with our family, including our two young sons. He is very knowledgeable with many interesting stories. We talked to him about his trips and it sounds like he will tailor the day sail to the group he has on that particular day. If you would like to sail hard - he’ll do that. If you like to snorkel Pat’s a great guide, very informative and fun to snorkel with during the stops. If you like to indulge in the adult beverages, watch out for the punch, it can be potent.icon12.gif

My husband was a little doubtful when we first boarded the boat as it isn’t pristine (we came off the Disney ship, so if it isn’t immaculate and overstocked with hand sanitizer it’s a shock). However, in about 10 minutes my husband was smiling and laughing with Capt. Pat and we had a spectacular day. I would recommend Capt. Pat and the Ike Witt. If he’s still sailing in St. Thomas on our next trip we would book with him again.

Hope you have beautiful wather and a great sail.

I believe the cost was $115 cash per person, more if you used a credit card. We had a great time, and it was a "private" sail (just our family) so we also tipped over 20% in cash (large tip for our family, might not have been large for some people????).

Taxi's to Red Hook and back were $10 per person each way, so family of four was an additional $80 plus tips.

Expensive day, but it was worth it for our family. Only item I would be concerned about when not booking thru the cruise line is getting back to the ship. If your ship is in port later into the evening then the timing should not be an issue. If it is less expensive to book directly, or if being in a smaller group (or private) sail is important to you, I would not hesitate to book outside the cruise ship. Capt Pat said he's never had a guest miss their boat, I know we didn't.........

Archived