mariner review from 11/28

this is the first time i've posted a review so i'll try to give you all something different. this was our second cruise on rccl, and our 23rd cruise. we arrived at the port on saturday and stayed at the country inn and suites, we booked the park and cruise package. our room was really nice, the hotel is fairly new and everything inside was new and inviting. the staff were very efficent and our stay was great. continental breakfast was fine too. we went to see the glory leave port, boy was she big and beautifull. she came so close to us you felt you could touch her. i loved seeing this. on sunday morning art's shuttle picked us up at 10:30. they were most efficient, and really got us to the ship in plenty of time.we never touched our bags after they picked us up . they were great. check in went so fast we hardly waited in line. the small hang up to boarding was the group before us had booked the entire ship and there were people who didn't speak english, so debarkation took longer than usual. we ended up boarding aroung 12:15. lunch in the windjammer was o.k. I must say carnival did a much better job, and their selection was very broad. our room was inside, and there was plenty of space. the bed was great the bathroom was a bit small, and there were no little bowl of goodies, like carnival, but i loved the shower door, no shower curtain eating my feet. the shampoo is the pits do bring your own. the ship is beautifull, the captain johnny is the greatest. we had early dinner and were so excited, we had a large taable 6 people by a window. our wait sstaff in the sound of music rood on the 5 floor were rock and leroy. if you get them your in for a treat. they were the greatest. we noticed the ship was going in the wrong direction, and made a joke about telling the captain, when he announced we were returning to the cape because a passenger had fallen and broken her shoulder and hip, poor little thing she was celebrating her 60 wedding anniversary.she was operated on and is doing o.k.... this was a forshadow of things to come tho. i'll try to make this short and if anyone has questions i'll answer. we missed the bahamas because of "NOEL". the hurricane, but i must say our captain was great he found sun whever he could, and although we spent 5 days at sea and only two stops, i never got sick, i got my tan, and we made the best friends. you all probly know we had holloween onboard and the ship threw a grand parade. for you newbees, some poeple did not know that the food at the coffee shop on deck 5 is free, and have a oatmeal and raisin cookie for me. the entertainment was so so, but don't miss the ice show or the beatles show they were absolutely the best.we went to saint john, to trunk bay, it was a 4 hour tour, it should have been a 5 hour tour, because it takes 1 hour to go and come, leaving you only 2 hours to swim or snorkle. well i feel i've been long winded, and will stop for now. any questions i will try to answer bye kathy

this is the first time i've posted a review so i'll try to give you all something different.

this was our second cruise on rccl, and our 23rd cruise. we arrived at the port on saturday and stayed at the country inn and suites, we booked the park and cruise package. our room was really nice, the hotel is fairly new and everything inside was new and inviting.

the staff were very efficent and our stay was great. continental breakfast was fine too. we went to see the glory leave port, boy was she big and beautifull. she came so close to us you felt you could touch her. i loved seeing this.

on sunday morning art's shuttle picked us up at 10:30. they were most efficient, and really got us to the ship in plenty of time.we never touched our bags after they picked us up .

they were great. check in went so fast we hardly waited in line. the small hang up to boarding was the group before us had booked the entire ship and there were people who didn't speak english, so debarkation took longer than usual. we ended up boarding aroung 12:15. lunch in the windjammer was o.k.

I must say carnival did a much better job, and their selection was very broad. our room was inside, and there was plenty of space. the bed was great the bathroom was a bit small, and there were no little bowl of goodies, like carnival, but i loved the shower door, no shower curtain eating my feet. the shampoo is the pits do bring your own. the ship is beautifull, the captain johnny is the greatest.

we had early dinner and were so excited, we had a large taable 6 people by a window. our wait sstaff in the sound of music rood on the 5 floor were rock and leroy. if you get them your in for a treat. they were the greatest. we noticed the ship was going in the wrong direction, and made a joke about telling the captain, when he announced we were returning to the cape because a passenger had fallen and broken her shoulder and hip, poor little thing she was celebrating her 60 wedding anniversary.she was operated on and is doing o.k.... this was a forshadow of things to come tho.

i'll try to make this short and if anyone has questions i'll answer. we missed the bahamas because of "NOEL". the hurricane, but i must say our captain was great he found sun whever he could, and although we spent 5 days at sea and only two stops, i never got sick, i got my tan, and we made the best friends.

you all probly know we had holloween onboard and the ship threw a grand parade. for you newbees, some poeple did not know that the food at the coffee shop on deck 5 is free, and have a oatmeal and raisin cookie for me. the entertainment was so so, but don't miss the ice show or the beatles show they were absolutely the best.

we went to saint john, to trunk bay, it was a 4 hour tour, it should have been a 5 hour tour, because it takes 1 hour to go and come, leaving you only 2 hours to swim or snorkle. well i feel i've been long winded, and will stop for now. any questions i will try to answer bye kathy

Thanks for your great review. Just broke it up a small bit to make it easier to read.:)

Archived