Best Vancouver salmon for dinner

On the corner of Thurlow and Robson. To tell you the truth, I don't really know if it has the best salmon, we just loved this restaurant. The best food and service we had out of all the restaurants in Vancouver. I'm sure the Vancouverites will have more info for you.

By the way, the desserts there were out of this world!

Try The Cannery or The Salmon House.Both a fair taxi ride-but good food.Or there is a new place on Denman called? Hmmmmm will have to look it up.Great write up and lots of fresh seafood.Most places only serve wild salmon now-not farm.

I'd second the recommendation of The Cannery - very good and worth the cab ride.

Here's a link to a sample Fresh Sheet of the Day.

There's also Cardero's on Coal Harbour next to the Westin Bayshore - it's right on the marina with a nice view.

For something not too fancy, but with decent food and a great view, there's The Boathouse on English Bay.

As for Denman, it's a cross-street of Robson - towards Stanley Park. That being said, the Pacific Crab Company has had mixed reviews - so not sure I'd recommend it yet.

Ell

Just how fancy is it?
Cardero's is fairly casual - as are most places in Vancouver. You won't need to dress up, if that's what you mean by fancy. The equivalent of resort casual onboard ship - i.e. A decent polo-style or open-neck shirt and khakis or slacks- will get you into almost any restaurant.

Found this link to Cardero's dinner menu

The Cannery is a bit more upscale and you'll see some people that are more dressed-up. It's maybe a 10-15 minute cab ride from Robson?

What part of Robson are you staying at? You can probably walk to the Boathouse if you're staying towards the western end of Robson. At most, it'll be a v short cab ride.

Ell

Since you are at that end of Robson, you might also consider A Kettle of Fish - definitely within walking distance of your hotel. The Boathouse is walkable if you like to do a lot of walking (I do), otherwise I'd guess a 5-8 min. cab ride.

Here's a link to a dinner menu A Kettle of Fish

All the restaurants recommended so far are quite different in terms of ambience. It depends on what you're looking for - besides salmon, that is :D

Here's a map of Downtown Vancouver that might help you get your bearings.

Ell

Archived