Help with Port Canaveral ????????

LIVERBALLS

The airport would be Orlando and depending on how many people you have, I have been told the least expensive thing to do is to rent a car from the airport and drop it off near the port and they will have a shuttle. I think it is about 30 or 40 miles. I have not yet done this myself, but will be in April. Good luck to you and please keep me posted if you find out anything else.

Kelly :)

It took an hour to drive from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral. I put "transportation Orlando airport to Port Canaveral" in a google search and found luxury transportation. They were $165 for 5 of us and that was round trip. Mears and the cruise line wanted $250. With 5 we felt we would need to rent a van, and then the rental prices get up there, so I figured it would be easier to let someone else do the driving. I had to pay the whole fare the day we arrived, but our driver was waiting right at baggage claim and right outside the port when I asked him to be. Alot of people rave about Art's shuttle, so maybe you should look into that one too.

Last May we had 4 people and tons of luggage. We rented a minivan from Budget at the airport. Taxes and everything came to $73 and change. We were spending the night at the Radison so it made it nice to have the van to get around in. In the morning, we dropped the luggage at the ship, returned the van to Budget which is about 10 minutes from the ship, then took their free shuttle back to the ship. We reversed the process for the return trip. so the total was about $150. This October it's just my wife and I and we're using Art's shuttle. It's $55 for up to 3 people and $10 for each additional person each way. I've heard rave reviews about their service on these boards so I thought I would give them a try since we're flying down the day of the sailing.

Avis is also about 10 minutes from the ship. By the way, it's a breeze driving to the ship so don't worry about getting lost or anything like that.

Can use some information.......Leaving on 4 day cruise from Port Canaveral in Dec.....What airport and how long & how much for transportation to ship? Any help will be appreciated.........Thanks..........Enjoy!!!!!!!

I called my TA (booked with big online company) and asked for their rate on transfers. They quoted us $19pp for a one way airport to port. I jumped on it. Same company Carnival uses (Mears) for $6 cheaper.

For coming home, we decided to rent a car for the day. Our flights don't leave Orlando until 6:30pm, so we figured the $40 rental (including estimated taxes) was cheaper than doing shuttles/taxis/excursions. Plus, we could just keep our luggage in the trunk.

www.portcanaveral.org has some great info about transportation, etc.

Archived