Liberty excursion question - ZIP LINE

Jill0526

We (DH, DD age 12, and I) will be sailing on the Liverty in December.

We are considering the Loterie Farm excursion in St Maarten. The zip line portion looks like fun. I'm concerned about the rope swings and 'bridges'. I'm wondering if this portion might be too difficult for my daughter.

I'm hoping that somebody who participated in this excursion will provide feedback.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

my dh and i just did this excursion in october and it was a lot of fun. we booked the same cruise on the liberty for next september with our kids (ages 13, 11, 10, 8 and 5) and we plan on taking them on this excursion. i think your dd will love it. they train you beforehand and they have practice lines where kids can practice as much as they want before they venture out and do the obstacle course. there's really only one rope swing that i can remember and i don't think it will be a problem at all. the bridges will be fine too, but you will definitely sweat, it's quite a workout. i think if she got in the middle of it and thought it was too much, they could get her down with no problem at all, there are workers everywhere keeping watch.

That sounds like a fantastic trip - I wish I'd known about it when we sailed on Liberty last week.

2 years ago on Serenade, we zip lined in Costa Rica above the rain forest -the kids were 8, 9, 13 & 15 at the time, and they had a fantastic experience - and believe me, they were MUCH better able for it than I was!!

They also had a 'Family Challenge' before the zipping - swinging over water on ropes, walking across a stream on a log, crossing on rope bridges etc, which the kids really enjoyed.

Last week in Labadee, we signed up for the RCI zipline, but unfortunately the age limit was 12, (kids are now 10, 11, 15, 17), so the 2 younger ones were disappointed to find out they couldn't do it! (It was a nice way to spend an hour - fab views from top, but only 1 actual zip-line, and 1 short practice run, for $65, compared to 11 or 12 in Costa Rica for way less and also half price for children!).

I would say - go for it! I bet your daughter will really enjoy it - and have a wonderful cruise!! (Am only a little bit jealous lol!!)

Archived