What should I do - Princess upgrade?

katkell

Hi everyone,

Just got an email from Princess, advising of an upgrade.

Here's the story. When we booked, we booked a balcony guarantee, Cat BD.

They asked the usual question, would I like to be waitlisted for an upgrade.

Of course I said yes. But I was thinking upgrade to a suite (one can hope).

They are offering us upgrade to Cat BC, and we have until Friday to accept.

What happens if I say no. Do we,

1. Still be waitlisted for a BD

2. Lose all upgrade opportunities

Is one deck higher any better, it is still a balconey after all.

Am I being silly and should I just be grateful & accept?

All advice is appreciated.

I would take it personally. I wouldn't hold out for a Suite. You'd probably find they've all been taken. People with 'status' would have priority over you as well.

I know it is only a one category upgrade, but it is better than not having a balcony at all!!;)

Let us know what you decide.:)

Hi everyone,

Just got an email from Princess, advising of an upgrade.

Here's the story. When we booked, we booked a balcony guarantee, Cat BD.

They asked the usual question, would I like to be waitlisted for an upgrade.

Of course I said yes. But I was thinking upgrade to a suite (one can hope).

They are offering us upgrade to Cat BC, and we have until Friday to accept.

What happens if I say no. Do we,

1. Still be waitlisted for a BD

2. Lose all upgrade opportunities

Is one deck higher any better, it is still a balconey after all.

Am I being silly and should I just be grateful & accept?

All advice is appreciated.

Hi Katkell,

I suppose if you could ask the cabin number, they might give. There are very few bad Bcs. Is it definately a deck higher? BD cabins are forward and aft on Caribe, where BC ones are midship on Caribe as well as forward and aft on Baja deck.

There are others already in BA, BB, BC that would be ahead in upgrade list for a mini or suite which is approx 200 cabins.

An upgrade is an upgrade. You may get another offer later.

We are in an AB mini-suite, and is unlikely we will be offered an upgrade from there either. Full suites are popular, and there are only six available.

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Katkell,

I suppose if you could ask the cabin number, they might give. There are very few bad Bcs. Is it definately a deck higher? BD cabins are forward and aft on Caribe, where BC ones are midship on Caribe as well as forward and aft on Baja deck.

There are others already in BA, BB, BC that would be ahead in upgrade list for a mini or suite which is approx 200 cabins.

An upgrade is an upgrade. You may get another offer later.

We are in an AB mini-suite, and is unlikely we will be offered an upgrade from there either. Full suites are popular, and there are only six available.

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

What they are offering is BC B603, checked it out on Princess, and there are no BD on Baja, but found the cabin it is mid starboard, I would prefer Port (not the bottle haha). My husband reckons we do it. Otherwise we lose the wait list upgrade (I went back and read the email properly). I suppose we will have to accept

Katrina

Hi Geoff,

What they are offering is BC B603, checked it out on Princess, and there are no BD on Baja, but found the cabin it is mid starboard, I would prefer Port (not the bottle haha). My husband reckons we do it. Otherwise we lose the wait list upgrade (I went back and read the email properly). I suppose we will have to accept

Katrina

Hi Katrina,

I didn't say there were BDs on Baja, but that the BCs are on Baja and Caribe. The only concern I would have with BC is the far forward ones. 603 is a great location, right next to the BB block of cabins. Looks like a good upgrade.

Cheers

Geoff

Geoff, thanks for that, we will accept it, just wanted a few views on whether it was ok or not.

I am surprised that we got that, I reckon they must have booked too many BD's, just my thoughts be interesting to see if our friends in Canada get a similar offer. It is only four weeks till we go, I was watching the SP leave Sydney harbour this afternoon, and was a little confused by the webcam, until I realised that they had turned it sideways.

Katrina

Geoff, thanks for that, we will accept it, just wanted a few views on whether it was ok or not.

I am surprised that we got that, I reckon they must have booked too many BD's, just my thoughts be interesting to see if our friends in Canada get a similar offer. It is only four weeks till we go, I was watching the SP leave Sydney harbour this afternoon, and was a little confused by the webcam, until I realised that they had turned it sideways.

Katrina

Hi Katrina,

The BDs would have been booked by passengers booking a balcony guarantee.

They turned the cam to face Pacific Dawn this morning and forgot to turn it back. They got some great shots out of the harbour though.

Cheers

Geoff

Archived