What do you do about noisy neighbours?

CASPALL

We have been lucky with most of our cruises - not hearing any noise from the next door cabins, but on our last cruise our neighbours had a few domestics!

There was a lot of shouting from the lady of the cabin and one day she even locked her husband out! We heard the gentleman knocking on the outside of their door -calling to her to let him in. We felt a bit embarrassed!

I think we only saw them twice (never bumped into them to say hello funnily enough!!!)but what surprised us was that they were a very mature couple - in age only!

We got used to putting up the volume on the television - the music channel! Fortunately they must have gone to bed really early as there was no noise when we were going to bed around midnight.

It is just luck where you are placed I suppose.

We have been lucky with most of our cruises - not hearing any noise from the next door cabins, but on our last cruise our neighbours had a few domestics!

There was a lot of shouting from the lady of the cabin and one day she even locked her husband out! We heard the gentleman knocking on the outside of their door -calling to her to let him in. We felt a bit embarrassed!

I think we only saw them twice (never bumped into them to say hello funnily enough!!!)but what surprised us was that they were a very mature couple - in age only!

We got used to putting up the volume on the television - the music channel! Fortunately they must have gone to bed really early as there was no noise when we were going to bed around midnight.

We had noisy neighbours plus a lot of crew noise on an Artemis cruise (not my favourite ship). I put a complaint in writing to the hotel manger/purser and we were moved to another cabin (they always have a spare one just in case of emergencies).

Our friends had noisy neighbours in the cabin above them one afternoon last week on Oriana.

They told us about it in the Crows' nest that evening and we all had a good laugh.

David

ps If you are reading this and it was you; you provided an excellent evening's entertainment! :D

Hi all

I find it very odd that some people seem to think if you can't see them you can't hear them. Its a bit like the small child that covers their eyes to hide from you.

Years ago we were camping in the Lake District and there was a club house on the site. We were in bed at about 12 30am when some people came back from a night out. The place was silent as the grave. After about 10 minutes we were treated to loud voices saying things like,Get off, put your pajamas on. If you don't stop I am getting out of this tent. Stop that etc.

I can only assume that they were of the opinion that tents are soundproof. Gave us a bit of fun for a while anyway.

regards

cabinboy

Our friends had noisy neighbours in the cabin above them one afternoon last week on Oriana.

They told us about it in the Crows' nest that evening and we all had a good laugh.

David

ps If you are reading this and it was you; you provided an excellent evening's entertainment! :D

God i was thinking that it could of been me and my family.....then i realised what you ment!!

Ahh couldn't of been me............well not now i'm married!!

Lou

David

....Perhaps it was one pair (or both) from the 2 sisters who had a double wedding last week?:rolleyes:

Clive

....Perhaps it was one pair (or both) from the 2 sisters who had a double wedding last week?:rolleyes:

Clive

Not sure about that one. Apparently one of the grooms was suffering from mal-de-mer!

However, it paints an interesting picture and brings a whole new meaning to "keep it in the family".

David

.....overheard a conversation between two older couples where one lady said that she turned over to go to sleep and heard snoring, nudged her husband who was awake and realised at that point she was no more than 6 inches (albeit with a wall in between) from the man in the next cabin who was snoring! she and her husband changed beds!:eek:

Clive

Archived