Doesn't anyone in Bermuda

MeBob

WildrozeThanks your comments on Bermuda. I enjoy reading everyone's wonderful comments as it makes me feel so good. I am actually a transplanted American - originally from Virginia. Yes, Snorkel Park is open - I was up in Dockyard in August having lunch and walked over to check it out. Looked like a lot of fun and great for the cruise ship passengers.

Hi Longtail,

Just wanted to let you know that we just LOVE BERMUDA!! It's my favorite destination and this is our 5th trip back - arriving on the Empress of the Seas Oct 4th - can't wait to dip my toes in that wonderfully warm, clear water.

We are definitely going to check out the new Snorkel Park when we get there. I was disappointed that it wasn't open on our last trip. We will also be going to Horseshoe Bay, as usual, as well as some of the other bays (Church) that we've heard are great snorkeling.

I would love to be transplanted in Bermuda - it's a little bit of heaven on earth!

Marge

MeBob, I didn't realize Waterloo did afternoon tea. I've only had afternoon tea at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess! You see, I too, learn things about Bermuda by reading these boards!!

Imagolfnut, so nice to hear such good things about Bermuda. I just love it here too! I believe Church Bay is still closed. Only beach this time of year with a lifeguard is Horseshoe Bay - which is my favorite. I came here in 1979 as a visitor and ended up coming back and marrying a Bermudian!

Myself and a few other friends (female), males stayed at a local pub :), went to Waterloo one afternoon for high tea. Waterloo is very "Bermudian", harbor view is lovely. High Tea...well, it was disappointing to me. Tables outside (no linen, which I had assumed there would be), table set up inside, with scant amount of tiny sandwiches, a bit of sweets, and tea of course. We joked that it must have been "high" tea, as the tea urn was on a high pedestal!! :) Believe it ran about $14.pp. We did have a nice relaxing time, so in the end it was worth it! ;)

Fran

The afternoon tea at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess is in the bar on the left off the lobby. It will run around $30. You get two scones with the clotted cream and jam, four little sandwiches, four different tiny desserts and a sorbet. There is a selection of different teas so you can choose the one you like best. I recommend the Paris tea. The tables are covered in linen so it is "Proper Afternoon Tea."

Pompano Beach Club is rated #1 on www.tripadvisor.com ;)

MeBob

We would suggest Pompano Beach..very friendly.

http://www.pompanobeachclub.com/index.html

A good place for a meal is La Trattoria in Hamilton....nothing too fancy but good food and lots of it..They also make a great brick oven pizza.:D :D

Some of the recommendations on these boards sound like their from people with axes to grind. I would much prefer hearing what Bermuda locals think. They know the best hotels and restaurants. Even if they themselves don't go to the finest and best places, they know where to send you and what to suggest.

Here in NY, I may not go to Peter Lugars for steak but I sure would recommend it.

What think you, Longtail?

Bob

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived