Progreso Resort Beach Break

Krazcruiser

as we had a group of 10 and we arrived at 9:00 a.m. and stayed until 3:00 p.m. and it was $37 per person, so I don't know if that is what they charge for smaller groups or not....could be somewhat more if you don't have a larger group, or somewhat less if you don't want to stay as long as we did. Hope that helps!:D :D

• 3 weeks later...

You will LOVE the Reef Yucatan Resort!!!!:D A van will hold 12, so you should be very comfortable.....cost to rent the van and driver for the day was $80.00 and our cost at the resort was $37.50 per person and VERY well worth it!!! Be sure to take LOTS of $1 for tipping the bar tenders.... they work for YOU while you are there!! You should contact Oscar directly to make your reservations and you will also be able to stay longer that way.....please tell Oscar that Suzanne says Hello and sends him MANY hugs!! I'm so jealous....can't WAIT to go back to Progreso again and visit the Reef!!!

As for the road to get there....it was VERY nice! The roads in Progreso are very well taken care of and I don't recall a lot of bumps or rough places. HAVE FUN and drink a House Special for me!!:eek:

I spent two nights at the Reef Yucatan in late 2005. It IS a beautiful facility, but in late Oct it was almost deserted except for a group from an NCL cruise. There were 40 German tourists checking in as we were leaving.

The food in the palapa was just so-so. The hamburgesas were kind of strange. Thin beef pattie with a slice of boiled ham and white cheese on it. Mickey D's does not have to worry. LOL The drinks were great but the return trip to Progreso, if on a bus, may not be best for youngsters with a load of drunks. Personally, I don't usually travel to a foreign country to go to a resort. I much prefer to get out and experience the foreign culture. BTW. Dining in the main cafeteria reserved for registered guests was somewhat better but certainly not great.

OK....I wanted to write just a little about what a SUPER FANTASTIC FUN day we spent in Progreso at the Reef Yucatan Resort!!! I still cannot believe the AWESOME time we had!!! I've visited MANY all-inclusive resorts in Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Mayan Riveria...NOTHING compares!!! From the beauty and cleanliness of the resort, to the DELICIOUS food and plentiful and flowing drinks....but above all.....INDESCRIBABLE OUTSTANDING SERVICE we all had!!!! WOO HOO!!! Cannot IMAGINE a better day and we will for SURE be planning another cruise that has Progreso on it's itinerary and visiting Oscar and the crew ASAP!!! :D :D

Oscar, Roberto, Susan, Francisco (and ALL the other bar waiters), Chefs (and all the waiters) .....EVERYONE WAS AWESOME and we cannot WAIT to go back!!! If you are looking for 5* accommodations and service...THIS IS IT!!!

There were 10 in our group. We walked to the main square and rented a van and driver for the day for $80 USD... NOTE - make SURE your driver knows where he is taking you BEFORE you leave as most do NOT speak English and our driver misunderstood where he was to take us...needless to say communicating was close to impossible but we were FINALLY able to get through to him that we did NOT want to go to Merida, but to Reef Resort....it cost us about 40 minutes of our day to correct that mistake, but no harm was done and a FANTASTIC time was enjoyed by ALL!!!!! We were able to spend 6 hours at the resort instead of the 3 hours offered by AutoProgreso and the Cruiseline (for MUCH less $$$$, too!!!) WOO HOO I do love it when a plan comes together!!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME IN PROGRESO!!!!

Thanks to Yucatan Today for the email address for Oscar....I OWE YOU BIG TIME!!!!:D :D :D

Great review. thanks for being so thorough. We are trying to decide what to do and I like your idea!

OK....I wanted to write just a little about what a SUPER FANTASTIC FUN day we spent in Progreso at the Reef Yucatan Resort!!! I still cannot believe the AWESOME time we had!!! I've visited MANY all-inclusive resorts in Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Mayan Riveria...NOTHING compares!!! From the beauty and cleanliness of the resort, to the DELICIOUS food and plentiful and flowing drinks....but above all.....INDESCRIBABLE OUTSTANDING SERVICE we all had!!!! WOO HOO!!! Cannot IMAGINE a better day and we will for SURE be planning another cruise that has Progreso on it's itinerary and visiting Oscar and the crew ASAP!!! :D :D

Oscar, Roberto, Susan, Francisco (and ALL the other bar waiters), Chefs (and all the waiters) .....EVERYONE WAS AWESOME and we cannot WAIT to go back!!! If you are looking for 5* accommodations and service...THIS IS IT!!!

There were 10 in our group. We walked to the main square and rented a van and driver for the day for $80 USD... NOTE - make SURE your driver knows where he is taking you BEFORE you leave as most do NOT speak English and our driver misunderstood where he was to take us...needless to say communicating was close to impossible but we were FINALLY able to get through to him that we did NOT want to go to Merida, but to Reef Resort....it cost us about 40 minutes of our day to correct that mistake, but no harm was done and a FANTASTIC time was enjoyed by ALL!!!!! We were able to spend 6 hours at the resort instead of the 3 hours offered by AutoProgreso and the Cruiseline (for MUCH less $$$$, too!!!) WOO HOO I do love it when a plan comes together!!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME IN PROGRESO!!!!

Thanks to Yucatan Today for the email address for Oscar....I OWE YOU BIG TIME!!!!:D :D :D

You said how much the rent driver and van was, but how much was it per person to get into the Reef Club Resort? Thanks!

because there were 10 of us in my group and what we paid....I don't know if that was a special GROUP rate for us or not, so that's why I don't write a lot about what we paid in case smaller groups are at a higher price....ya know? I don't want to put Oscar in a position to feel obligated to honor MY price.. but I think Yucatantoday posted that it was $37.50 per person, which is an AWESOME price!!!:D

Hope you have a GREAT time and please send my best to everyone at Reef Yucatan Resort!!!:cool:

Archived