Back From NCL Sea!!!!

ZotBot

Did you drive or fly? We are coming from Seattle, & sailing in January. I am trying to find out the cost for taxi's or shuttles. Also, did you have a pre-night hotel stay? We are looking at staying in La Porte, and could use some insight.

Thanks,

Dan

This is our 5th cruise, 2nd with NCL.

Hey Greenapple,

We did not do any of the ship's excursions..

went to Tulum.. via Playa Del Carmen.. for DH and I it cost $50 compared to the $219 it would've cost us via NCL

In Belize City went via water taxi to caye caulker.. rented golf cart.. monkeyed around

In Roatan.. rented tour guide and driver for the day.. went to oak ridge .. took boat tour through mangroves... then went to private lagoon where we swam.. then to west bay and on ..

In Cancun.. took bus through entire island.. hiked a bit and then ended up downtown at el pescador.. did cocktails... shoppiing.. more cocktails...

Hey Dan,

We flew in from NY.. got in at approx 11am.. took NCL shuttle.. was on boat by 1pm having lunch. It really isn't necessary to stay in La Porte overnight as long as you give yourselves three hours or more to get from ship to airport and back... getting off the ship is a bit of work and god forbid you can't find your luggage.. but really I, myself didn't have alot of desire to be in Texas but alot of people on this board feel more comfortable staying in their port city overnight.

Hey PM Fan,

Lickety Splits the ice cream joint was opened for an hour or two in the afternoon.. but with four days of excursions... you really don't get to enjoy it except for maybe the last day at sea.

The teen center seemed to be alive and kicking.. I did see alot of teens hot tubbing and chilling without the teen program.. basically I think the kids meet up in the program and decide to wing it... wouldn't you.....

As for removing the tips from your credit card.. unless you are really cheap and weren't planning on tipping at all in the first place or had horrible service there would be no reason to remove those tips..

each and every crew member works their ass off and deserve more..

we tipped out on top of the minimal service charge and even felt as though we got over by just getting billed the $10 per person service charge daily...

Archived