Entertainment Book??

vesw01

I have been reading several posts about the Entertainment Books. The ones we buy here (in IL) don't include cruise stuff (at least that I haven seen). Where does everyone live that they are buying the books with cruise discounts?

[b][color=darkslategray]Ves, I believe the coupon books that are referred to here are the "cruise discount booklets" that some agencies offer as a promo. [/color][/b]

[b][color=darkslategray]This may not be what you're talking about? If it is, they aren't worth much, as most of the coupons in the booklet are for things that are usually offered 'free' on Carnival ships, such as champagne and 8x10 print at the art auctions. Also, there are some two-for-one coupons, half-off golf lessons, $10 off a spa treatment, etc. [/color][/b]

I get these Entertainment Books every year.... never have been able to use the coupon for a cruise... would like to, but getting them quoted with the coupon always results in a higher fare. You have to use them at time of booking for a 6A or higher and the TA's I have talked to have given me a better deal without the coupon...

Vesw, our E-books have the cruise coupons and we're in Ohio. Workn is right, the coupons are in the back. We used three on our upcoming cruise and I believe the cabin category they are allowed for depends on the cruise. Our were 6a or above, so our oceanview rooms were covered. FYI the coupons are $100 per cabin.

GoinCruisin - Entertainment has two different books they sell in some areas. Where we used to live there was the full book that had the restaurant coupons but also movies, concerts, stadium events, hotels, rental cars, and other travel including cruises.
They also had a smaller, less expensive book that only had restaurant coupons. I don't think I've seen the smaller one here in San Diego, but it may exist here too.
The cruise coupon is toward the back of the full book.

All of my books always have the cruise coupons in them... I have one for 2004 and 2005 now... it is $100 per stateroom for 7 days and longer, $50 for 6 days and less.... i have tried to use them but have not been able to. I love the books and use them alot, but the airfare and cruise coupons have always been a joke to me...

Well that's cause you're the cruise Queen GC. :D
But yeah, it really depends on the situation. This cruise we booked with Carnival as a group, so with the coupon and the group rate it was worth it. But have never used them prior. And we only used an airfare coupon once, when my wife and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon. Half off our LA to Honolulu fare was great! That said, the books do pay for themselves and then quite a bit if you use them.

Yes, it does depend on the situatiaon... the air coupons are always for flights over $200 and I usually find air under $200... plus they are usually airlines I don't fly, LOL... the cruise coupons, we could not use on our first because of the rate we got and the next 2 were group cruises and the rates were already so good they would not apply them.... I am very happy with all the rates, and I get good use out of the restaurant coupons, so I love the book... i would love to be able to use the coupon one day!!! Hoping to book another soon, so I will try once again! LOL!

Sorry GoinCruisin - I meant to direct my comment to vesw01.

I agree - I love the Entertainment book. Its paid for itself many times over. We've used the rental car coupons a number of times this year and each time its saved us the cost of the book.

Archived