Dinner packing list

sweetlowcountry

I have already started packing for my 11/25/07 cruise! I am set for the 2 formal nights with short cocktail dresses for both nights. I'm confused about the other nights. Do you think any of these would be too formal or not formal enough for the non-formal nights?

• white capri pants with black/white strapless top (first night)
  • black silk pants with black spaghetti strap silk top (private supper club night)
  • gold top with black silk pants
  • black polka dot top with white pants
  • halter sun dress (last night)

Should my husband wear a coat to the Carnival Supper Club?

I have already started packing for my 11/25/07 cruise! I am set for the 2 formal nights with short cocktail dresses for both nights. I'm confused about the other nights. Do you think any of these would be too formal or not formal enough for the non-formal nights?
  • black silk pants with black spaghetti strap silk top (private supper club night)

Your list sounds perfect. We have never been to the supper club but from what I have heard, I would suggest that he wear a coat. Maybe some others who have been there can help. Have a great cruise!! Travelgirl

Yes, most did the 3 nights we dined there. The ladies were in short cocktail or dressy slacks.

I don't know. My DH wears a jacket or suit happily so it is never a concern as to what can be gotten away with in terms of dress.

On our cruise, Glory in 2005, it was requested that the men wear jackets. I personally did not notice anyone who did not, however, that was two years ago and things change. I am not a Carnival cruiser so perhaps posting on the Carnival board will give you more accurate info. The Supper Club was very nice and jackets certainly the appropriate choice for men.

I don't know. My DH wears a jacket or suit happily so it is never a concern as to what can be gotten away with in terms of dress.

On our cruise, Glory in 2005, it was requested that the men wear jackets. I personally did not notice anyone who did not, however, that was two years ago and things change. I am not a Carnival cruiser so perhaps posting on the Carnival board will give you more accurate info. The Supper Club was very nice and jackets certainly the appropriate choice for men.

We cruised on the RC Mariner last year and ate at the 2 private restaurants. My husband wore his coat both times - but no tie. He fit right in. I didn't notice anyone without a coat either...

We will see what the Carnival Valor has in store. I haven't cruised with them in years... I will probably get him to wear a coat and if he is over dressed, he can take it off.

Archived