Best Seafood in Cozumel

nasvhillecruise

We will be in Cozumel in March & are planning on renting a jeep to see the island. I ultimately plan to end up at Paradise Beach, but want to eat lunch somewhere along the way.

I definitely plan on going to Coconuts at least for drinks but would LOVE to have some opinions on the best fresh seafood restaurant on the island.

Debbie

• 5 weeks later...

For us, it's a tossup between Coconuts and Chen Rio, which is a mile or so south of Coconuts. Chen Rio is right on the beack, and has a natural breakwater that keeps the surf in front of the restaurant swimable.

Food and prices are comparable. The view from Coconuts is not to be missed.

CougarMom,

I'd LOVE to see your pics. Coconuts is a definite must for at least a drink, since I've yet to hear anyone say they don't LOVE the view. Maybe we can just go place to place for a drink & an appetizer. :D

I'm not cougarmom, but I do have some Coconuts photos. These were taken in December 2005, right after wilma, so the vegetation is a little beaten up.:(

coconuts2.jpg

coconuts4.jpg

coconuts7.jpg

coconuts8.jpg

Is Coconuts an option without a rental car? How much would it cost to take a cab?

I've read that you can hire a taxi for around $20 an hour for touring the island. You can ask the guy at the head of the line of taxis to help you arrange a charter.

You really can't take a taxi there unless you make arrangements for the driver to return latter to get you as there are no taxis waiting there to take cruisers back to the ship. On the West side of the islands, there are taxis waiting at all the larger beach clubs or the club can call a taxi for you.

I've read that you can hire a taxi for around $20 an hour for touring the island. You can ask the guy at the head of the line of taxis to help you arrange a charter.

You really can't take a taxi there unless you make arrangements for the driver to return latter to get you as there are no taxis waiting there to take cruisers back to the ship. On the West side of the islands, there are taxis waiting at all the larger beach clubs or the club can call a taxi for you.

Thanks for the info!

Archived