PHOTOS - Bonaire

the_woodman

Hi to... the woodman...

Thanks for the pictures! We'll be in Bonaire on Jan 23/08 for the "first" time so your pictures have helped us get a feel for this port.:D

Did you take a tour of the island with a Tour Guide? If so could you... pass on some information concerning the guide.

Also have a couple of questions for you...

Is the HARBOURSIDE MALL within walking distance to the cruiseship pier? How long of a walk? Is this Mall located on the BEACH PROMENADE?

Did you happen to see KAREL'S BEACH BAR on the waterfront? It's suppose to have tables out on the water...you have 1 picture that shows something like this... so I was wondering if it was KAREL'S?

Do you have any info or pictures for EDEN BEACH?

We would greatly appreciate your help with the above questions. :D

Pat :)

Canuck - We took a ship tour called "Discover Bonaire".

All of the the colorful buildings in my photos (including Harbourside Mall) are located at the port area - an easy walk. The Harbourside Mall is nothing more than a few shops under a common roof.

I do not have any beach information.

Hi to... the woodman...

Thanks for the pictures! We'll be in Bonaire on Jan 23/08 for the "first" time so your pictures have helped us get a feel for this port.:D

Did you take a tour of the island with a Tour Guide? If so could you... pass on some information concerning the guide.

Also have a couple of questions for you...

Is the HARBOURSIDE MALL within walking distance to the cruiseship pier? How long of a walk? Is this Mall located on the BEACH PROMENADE?

Did you happen to see KAREL'S BEACH BAR on the waterfront? It's suppose to have tables out on the water...you have 1 picture that shows something like this... so I was wondering if it was KAREL'S?

Do you have any info or pictures for EDEN BEACH?

We would greatly appreciate your help with the above questions. :D

Pat :)

Was there the same time as Woodman. Harbourside Mall is walking distance. Walk is only about 3-4 blocks long. There is a market area right before it with vendors.

I have pics of Eden Beach which I will post shortly. We spent the day there and really enjoyed it. Good drinks, decent food, snorkeling, bathrooms, everything needed for the day and only about a 15 minute taxi ride. We really enjoyed our time there!

I haven't been to Bonaire in about 20 years and those photos of town (Kral) just blew me away. Is The Mona Lisa bar still there by the water? Are there any DF liquor stores and are the prices any good compared to STT? Do they have an offical greeter meet the ships? They used to have KAIKAI meet the planes.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Isn't Bonaire amazing? I just fell in love with the island when we visited earlier this month on the Emerald Princess. We also did the Discover Bonaire tour and it was one of the best ship tours I've been on. Our guide and driver were really great! Can't wait to go back one day and really get to spend some time on the island.

Here's a picture I took while there, I was especially moved by these huts.

1230463889_salt20hut1.jpg.093f5936779d1c0587b5c1da86df7bf2.jpg

Thanks, Woodman for all the pics!!

We are going on the Emerald Princess on Jan. 15th to the southern Caribbean. We signed up for the Discover Bonaire but we are on the waitlist:( . Sure hope they can accommodate us.

Thanks for the pictures of the ships you have been on. We were on the Mercury after going to the Rose Bowl Parade. We went to the Mexican Riviera on her. We saw our Maitre d on one of your pics. She was a nice ole ship.

Thanks again for the memories and what we have to look forward to.

Happy New Year.:)

Archived