Summit Southbound Formal Nights

shereemcg

On the southbound trip, does anyone know which nights are formal? Trying to decide which night to reserve for the specialty dining!

Haven't found a soul on our sailing thru any of the boards yet according to the celebrity website it's almost full! Southbound end of August.

thanks!

Sheree

Hi,

When are you cruising? I'm in the same "boat" so to speak icon_wink.gifnot having made many contacts. Have you posted a "roll call" for your sailing date? I've read 2 formal and 1 informal.

IMHO,Saturday night will be formal for sure and maybe Wednesday night icon_confused.gif. Definitely won't be Thursday night because of packing to depart the next morning. I dunno about the informal. Good luck!

Karen

Summit 9/3/04 Alaska Southbound

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;3;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Sheree.... I am just off the Summit Southbound.

The formal nights were Day 2 (Saturday...Hubbard Galcier)

and

Day 5 (Tuesday...Icy Strait).

Also, there was only ONE informal night...and THREE casual nights!

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!

Matthew 8:27

karen: we're 2 weeks before you!

Boo's Mom: thanks! glad to hear only 1 informal, not that I dress much different from casual anyway! too much to pack!i think we'll do the specialty either monday (skagway) or Wed (ketchikan)

Sheree

Sheree.... Remember that the dress for the Normandie is formal....or something close to formal.

We did not eat there (our loss).... but we were in there awaiting disembarking. Absolutely beautiful. There are two large panels in there..on the wall....that are from the original Normandie Ship. Lots of photographs in the Restaurant foyer...from cruisers on the original Normandie.... an original menu.... an actual place setting. Very interesting to see.

The cruisers were very, very formal back then. They lounged around on deck...in suits and dresses! Nice dresses!

I think the people of that day would be very disappointed with the people of this day. icon_wink.gif

There is also a statue (large and lovely) in the main dining room on the Summit....that was originally on the Normandie Ship.

Have fun.

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!

Matthew 8:27

Archived