Has Anyone been on the "Screamin' Eagle Jet Boat" Excursion in St. Thomas

daisey

I have been looking through the excursion list from RCCL and the Screamin' Eagle Jet Boat Excursion in St. Thomas caught my eye for the teens in our group. If anyone has done this excursion please let me know how it was. $49 for 1 hour seems a little steep.

We are a large group with all ages and I try to weed through RCCL's excursion and book some privately for the group. We are doing the Southern Caribbean on the Serenade of the Seas on Feb. 5, 2005. Any suggests would be great.

Thanks,

Daisey

MRSSBI:

Thanks for the info. Is it a long sleek speed boat? About how many people are on the boat? They said the tour includes some island history........I hope it isn't to much that it will either bore the teen's or actually teach them something.

Thanks,

Daisey

Yes the boat was sleek - think it held 20-25 people - lots of horsepower. Don't really remember too much island history. Yes, the driver gives some short snippits of informatin but not at all to the boring stage. We were also given the option of wearing yellow pancho type coverings as for part of the trip it was also raining - didn't make any difference still got drenched.

My wife and I took the "Screamin Eagle Jet Boat Tour" while in St.Thomas in April and it was an absolute blast! Probably one of the BEST excursions we've ever taken!!

The boat is about 33 foot long and will carry about 20 people. You sit with a lap bar across you so that you will be safely secured inside the boat. The trip starts out with the captain discussing what the boat's capabilities are, hand signals that he will use to "warn" you of upcoming events, and the local history of St.Thomas.

Then the F-U-N begins! The captain will take the boat through some high-speed turns and braking. You will actually turn back into the wake behind you! What a thrill! You WILL get wet, so be prepared. I would suggest wearing your swimsuits for this ride. The boat dock is right there where the cruise ships dock, so it's just a short walk back to your cabin. You'll dry out before getting to the ship.

You will see dolphins and turtles during this trip, as well as the wonderful sights surrounding St.Thomas and its harbor.

I highly recommend this trip. In fact, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again! The kids, young and old, will have a great time!

Bill

Jordanaire:

After reading your info I will definitely book my teens and hubby on this excursion, it sounds great!! I get motion sickness, so I guess I will have to shop for jewelry.....what a hardship for me.....lol

Thanks for your help.

Daisey

Archived