question about airline tickets

hcross888

I just booked tickets for summer 2008 for my mother and me. I booked through Orbitz. They will not assign a seat, even though they did offer a seat selection. It says that the airline will assign seats. I would like to get good seats and also would like to sit with my mother (I had to book separately since we are coming from different cities. Does anyone have experience with this problem?

I appreciate any advice.

:confused:

I always book thru Orbitz. Take the number that they gave you for your tickets with the airline,sign into the airline web site using that number and try to book your seats directly. If you are still having a problem reserving the seats call the airline direct and book the seats over the phone using the number Orbitz gave you for the airline ticket number.I have done it both ways in the past.I did it about a month ago with Delta for my upcoming trip to Italy in May.Sometimes when you log onto the airline web site it will look like no seats are available but if you keep checking back seats are released for reservation over time.

Archived