Able to add passenger later?

SolitaryPhoenix

Hi! I'm researching the possiblity of taking my mom on a 7-day W. Carib cruise out of Tampa next year for her 70th birthday present, and I'd like to book it asap, but have a little problem. I'm anticipating adopting a child within the next eight months or so, but am not far enough into the adoption process to have any specific information yet about the child. If I request a specific room that is able to have more than 2 passengers in it, will Carnival allow me to add a passenger later? I suppose I could book one room now, and get another later, but I'd rather not have the added expense. I'm posting the question here because I've been lurking awhile, and you all seem very knowledgable and friendly - and I'll probably get a quicker answer here. ;) Thank you in advance ~ Karen

Karen, in most cases you can just add a TBA and add a name later for a name change fee of $50, HOWEVER... be aware!!! I just ran into this! If the ship sells out, it goes on "restricted" status... they actually want people to start cancelling and will not allow any name changes/additions, etc. I had never heard of this before, so it came as quite a shock!! BUT, most of the time, you will not have any trouble making a change/addition... just keep an eye on the cruise and make sure your TA/PVP knows your situation and can keep an eye on the sailing for you!!! Good luck on the adoption!

I don't know if there will be 2 or 3 of us on the cruise I have planned for 01/06. I went ahead and booked two cabins for the 3 of us. This way, I have the current rates locked in against any increases. But, if 1 backs out, I can just cancel the second room and get that deposit back to put towards the cost of the other room. I talked it over with my PVP and this seemed to be the best way.

Karen, in most cases you can just add a TBA and add a name later for a name change fee of $50...

My PVP told me that for a name change PRIOR to final payment there is no charge; however, after final payment, the $50 charge will be in place.

You should make your reservation for the number of people who may occupy the cabin. You can always remove the 3rd or 4th person before the penalty phase sets in. Since Carnival ships are capacity controlled, at some point, they will start to close certain cabins to triples and quads forcing you to upgrade to a higher priced cabin if one is available. I've had this happen twice in the last two years when my friends were having problems getting time off from work. I've learned my lesson, this year I reserved a quad and we just made final payment so at this point everything is a go.

Archived