cruising legend in april

finfan13

hello all, just a couple questions here, will be first time on carnival so i know nothing. sailed on ncl before. what is the dress attire for adults and children for breakfast lunch and dinner?? also how is the kids program aboard the legend? have son 7 and daughter 10. and is the water slide fun ??? thanks pat

We were on the Legend on 8/27. Yes, the water slide was alot of fun. The kids really liked it, but it does get very crowded. You have a choice for meals, you can eat on the Lido deck (9) and get the buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and people wore shorts, etc. or you can go to the dining room (open seating except for dinner) and wear the same attire. Dinner in the dining room - no shorts (it was called elegant casual). Formal nights ranged from VERY formal to "business attire" for both men and women. My son's (11 and 14) wore dress slacks, shirt, tie and dress shoes for formal night and slacks/shirt for the other nights. I wanted them to look decent for dinner, some people dressed like they were going to a bar-b-que (jeans/top). Personally, I found the food better on NCL. Can't help you on the kid's program because my kids did not sign up. We did see alot of young kids in the program. They hooked up with other kids and did their own thing (disco, arcade, etc.) I have the tour prices if you are doing the San Juan, Tortola and St. Thomas cruise. We were suppose to do that cruise, but because of Frances, we went to Nassau, Freeport and Florida. Frances was behind us the entire way! If you (or anyone else) have any other questions, please ask :)

Here is what Carnival suggests for dining attire in the evening:

[url="http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Dress_Requirements.aspx"]http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Dress_Requirements.aspx[/url]

They request that children follow these suggestions as well. Have fun! :)

Actually, no. You have to book the excursions once you get on board the ship. You can either go down the the shore excursion desk or book from your cabin on the television. FunVision wasn't up and running when we boarded the Legend so we went straight downstairs. We were the second people in line. If you want to see the available shore excursions, you can check them out on Carnival's website, but they don't list the prices.

Archived