Rain all day in Tortola

long Island

What can we do if it rains all day in Tortola ?

Sailing in on Dec.4th @ 3pm.

I guess I am not sure why you are asking this??? Do you have insight that it will rain all day? We were in Tortola early in Nov. It was cloudy in the am. We went to Cane Garden Bay, and when we stepped out of the cab, it started to rain! We took cover under a canopy with a local man. He said, "This could last up to 30 minutes!!!" It lasted about 10. The rest of the day was beautiful. I believe they get short showers there sometimes. I would not lose any sleep about it raining all day, especially since you don't get there until 3pm! (that seems late???) By the way, I so totally loved Tortola. It is lush and tropical. I so want to go back. If you are asking for advice on indoor activities, I am sorry I do not know what that would be.:confused:

Janet

Last November, we were in Tortola and it rained ALL day, everything from a drizzle to a downpour, with no sun in sight. We had a wonderful time snorkeling at Cane Garden Bay, which was deserted. DH saw an octopus, I saw a barracuda, and the corals were still pretty good on the left side of the beach near the rocks. We walked back to our stuff, stopping to play on the tire swing, then had rum punch and the BEST conch fritters at Rhymers, just watching the boats bob in the bay. Even in the rain, you can have fun at the beach!

Archived