Clarification - Formal Night & Dining Room

hamptod

Quick ?. Formal night dining on the CP is held in the "traditional" dining room in addition to the PC dining rooms? Based on posts in other threads about dress (not touching that one with a 10 foot pole:rolleyes: , I'm confused about where one actually eats during formal nights if you choose to participate in formal night.

Thx

Deborah

I know you are trying to get me killed, but yes that is correct, as well as the alternative dr's. The caribe cafe can be more casual, but formal can go there as well. I would like to clarify here, formal can mean a tux, or a dark suit, or a jacket, tie, and slacks are fine for the man. A nice dress as well as a cocktail dress, as well as a gown are ok too. You don't have to go out and spend a huge amt of money to look nice. That is all that is expected!!! :)

I know you are trying to get me killed, but yes that is correct, as well as the alternative dr's. The caribe cafe can be more casual, but formal can go there as well. I would like to clarify here, formal can mean a tux, or a dark suit, or a jacket, tie, and slacks are fine for the man. A nice dress as well as a cocktail dress, as well as a gown are ok too. You don't have to go out and spend a huge amt of money to look nice. That is all that is expected!!! :)

Sue, not at all! Thanks for the information about the dining rooms. It was really getting confusing for me about the actual eating venues. I had figured out the casual places, but I was having a heck of time trying to figure out exactly where you go if you decide to do formal.

I've read every thread about the "dressing" part of formal night and am so pleased with myself that I have not jumped in with my comments.:) I have a formal formal outfit that I intend to wear at the very least for the 1st formal night and my DH and DS are prepared as well. As for the 2nd formal night, we may do the casual thing according to the cruise guidelines or may do the dinner on the balcony which actually sounds really really cool.

Thx!!

Deborah

Quick ?. Formal night dining on the CP is held in the "traditional" dining room in addition to the PC dining rooms? Based on posts in other threads about dress (not touching that one with a 10 foot pole:rolleyes: , I'm confused about where one actually eats during formal nights if you choose to participate in formal night.

Thx

Deborah

Excellent question Deborah, thanks so much for asking.

Thanks Sue for the direct and to the point answer.

Glad I could help, Deb. We have had some serious wars here on formal dress!! :eek: But all are opinions. Until Princess comes out with EXACTLY how they want to be, it leads to a lot of confusion. I think anyone who makes an effort to look nice, will be fine. Many will dissagree. But as long as you aren't bummin, as I do during the day, you are good to go. No shorts or jeans are allowed in the dining rooms. As of now, that is as far as Princess will commit!!

10_2_25.gifok, ok, ok, does that sound like Joe Peschi? Listen up, very few of you know me for the laid back easy going person I am. I hate it when these threads get out of hand and people stop posting to the question and start "carping" at each other, which is NOT supposed to happen. I have been insulted a few times on these boards, and hope that no one ever fels like I have insulted them. Having said all that:

I don't get it? I answer a posters question and three people totally ignore me and thank Sue. Now I understand Sue is around a lot and helps out a lot and answers questions a lot but hey, I have feeling too. I have been answering questions and posting here a lot, heck I would have about 2000 posts if the stupid boards were not switched. I am truly hurt.

shhhhh, please do not make this a big deal. I DO NOT want to start another war here, but when did a jacket/slacks/tie become formal wear? No it's ok with me if you want to do that, I have a suit and a blazer grey slacks etc. Honest no fighting, did I miss something?

Thx

Deborah

Thanks everyone, including Catmand for the information, I appreciate it!!!:) :) :) Didn't mean to leave you out!!! Your answer helped me as well.

Deborah, who now knows where to go for formal night:D

Archived