As promised, first timer review of NOS, just off...

tsj04

Honestly, we thought embarkation was a bit overwhelming. We arrived around 11:30 a.m. and there was already SO MANY people there. Disembarkation was not nearly as bad but we did the express departure.

Do you recommend being there earlier than 11:30? We are in a suite would that make a difference in embarkation? Thanks

Do you recommend being there earlier than 11:30? We are in a suite would that make a difference in embarkation? Thanks

Diamond +, Diamond and suite guests have a separate area upstairs to wait and they do board first. Look for the area marked for such when you enter the terminal to check in. There were plenty of people making sure that you check in at the area.

I thought that Captain Rick Sullivan was one of the best Captains that I have cruised with. He kept us better informed on things than others in the past. Also Kieron Buffery was also a good CD. Seemed more down to earth and less like a used car salesman.

We're back on our favorite ship (NOS) in just 21 days....I'm curious about the Captain and cruisingator with all your experience...have you sailed NOS before with Capt. Bang and Darlene?? We are so looking forward to our cruise but not sure how NOS will be without them??

We're back on our favorite ship (NOS) in just 21 days....I'm curious about the Captain and cruisingator with all your experience...have you sailed NOS before with Capt. Bang and Darlene?? We are so looking forward to our cruise but not sure how NOS will be without them??

I have cruised twice on the Navigator with Captain Bang. Both Captains are great but I feel like Captain Sullivan took more time each afternoon at the noon update to give us more information. Again both Captains are great and I'm sure that you will have a great cruise. I know that many of the crew like Captain Sullivan.

I have cruised twice on the Navigator with Captain Bang. Both Captains are great but I feel like Captain Sullivan took more time each afternoon at the noon update to give us more information. Again both Captains are great and I'm sure that you will have a great cruise. I know that many of the crew like Captain Sullivan.

Thanks for the reply....My heart is just with Darlene and the Captain...we were also fortunate enough to sail with them on MOS (they were pax) and we were able to get together with them and I am so thankful for their time and knowledge they shared with my daughter and I!!! I think they are so wonderful and really appreciated their kindness!!

I know for sure we will enjoy ourselves on this upcoming cruise on NOS!!! Just need to make it through the Port!!!! I will miss them for sure!!

Happy Holidays and Happy Cruising!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions. You have been a great help!

I do have a few more questions about Coyaba gardens. Did they have a bar/restaurant at the gardens? Were you able to tour it on your own or did they make you use a guide? Was there a place to view the cruise ships and town down below? How about the ride there. Was it very scenic?

Thanks again!

Diamond +, Diamond and suite guests have a separate area upstairs to wait and they do board first. Look for the area marked for such when you enter the terminal to check in. There were plenty of people making sure that you check in at the area.

Yeah, but the back up was not at check in. It was the port security where the computers and systems went down.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions. You have been a great help!

I do have a few more questions about Coyaba gardens. Did they have a bar/restaurant at the gardens? Were you able to tour it on your own or did they make you use a guide? Was there a place to view the cruise ships and town down below? How about the ride there. Was it very scenic?

Thanks again!

No problem. I was on here before I left with a ton of questions so I can only return the favor :) .... At Coyaba Gardens there was no bar/restaurant. They have a "snack bar" where you can get chips and drinks (sodas, juices, etc.) but that was it. We actually went back to the ship and had lunch. I believe we went to Johnnny Rockets that day. There is a place to view the ships and town below. I actually have some pics of exactly that. I'll have to figure out how to add them to a post but I can surely do that for you. The ride there was a little scarey but in the fun way :D We were on a van and the driver drove well, fast but well and the roads leading up to the gardens were windy and narrow. It was BEAUTIFUL and very scenic. We were with a guide for the most part but at times was able to kinda wander off on your own for a few minutes. Let me see about posting pics for you!

There was a seperate line for those with suites and Diamond and Platinum members.

Archived