Cabo day at the beach??

lillygator

We will be in port from 8-7:30 and would like to find a great place to hang out at the beach maybe where we can eat and drink and that has chairs. Is there anything close enough to walk to or all they all taxi rides away? Do you have to make reservations? Any other costs involved?

I wanted to visit Cabo Wabo, but I heard it's dead until 11pm or so at night.

Thanks for all your help. We'd also like to see the arches but I tink I have read we can do a water taxi by there to get photos.

Hi there, there is Medano beach. You can either walk (you would have to walk around to the other side of the harbor and head towards the water), walking would probabably take you 30 minutes or when you get off the tender take a water taxi (4 minute cheap ride). Tell them you want to go over to The Office (which is a popular bar on the beach). There is also Tobasco, which is just south of Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort. I believe if you are willing to spend money on drinks at either Pueblo Bonito Blanco or PB Rose that you can use their lounge chairs. Lover's beach again is a short approximate $10 r/t water taxi ride away. They will take you to see the seals and El Arco then drop you off at Lover's beach. They will make often trips to and from so you can return whenever you like. (An hour of two is enough). There is also a ton of shopping very close to the pier. As for eating...I would try to find a place away from the harbor (too touristy).

Tina

thanks! I think I have decided on Medano Beach for the day, I wonder if there are sunset cruises to Los Arcos and if we would have time in May since we have to be on the ship by 7:30...will haev to see if I can find any. Are there water taxis on Medano beach to take you to lover's beach? How far of a trip is it from Medano beach?

Most of the Medano beach bars have happy hour most of the day 2 for 1. The average price of margaritas etc would be about $6-$7. A taco plate or a burger will be in the $10-$15 range. Everyone in Cabo takes dollars, not need to exchange to pesos.

There will be tons of water taxi drivers begging you to choose them right when you get off the tender. A tour to the arch should be about $10/pp for a half hour tour and a trip to Medano beach should be $3/pp each way. You do have to get off and then back on the water taxi in knee to waist deep water so depending on mobility, you might want to consider a land taxi which would be $10 each way for up to 6 people.:)

househunter, thanks so much for your posts...I have been trying to research and I guess my "search" skills are not the best, I kept getting trip sailings instead of posts.

I think we will just plan to take a water taxi from the tender to Medano (fam of 4 girls are 5 and 3 no issues with in and out of water) and hang out there and then take a cruise by Los Arcos...does that seem doable for the day?

we did just what you are suggesting a few days ago. glass bottom boat out to los arcos can be arranged on dock. he dropped us off at marina near the lighthouse and we walked a couple of blocks to wabo wabo. then caught a cab to the melia hotel on medano beach where we spent a few hours before returning by cab to the tender dock. prices are pretty much as previously posted. we chose the melia because they have a kids pool,and we were traveling with two little ones. it is a very nice resort and they provide everything. you don't even need to bring towels from the ship they will provide them. just leave a deposit ( dl, cash or visa ) for the the tab and you can use the facilities including pergolas on the beach. the food was great and everyone in our group had a relaxing stay.

There will be tons of water taxi drivers begging you to choose them right when you get off the tender. A tour to the arch should be about $10/pp for a half hour tour and a trip to Medano beach should be $3/pp each way. You do have to get off and then back on the water taxi in knee to waist deep water so depending on mobility, you might want to consider a land taxi which would be $10 each way for up to 6 people.:)

We took a water taxi and asked to go to Los Arcos and then be dropped off at Medano Beach. The ride was about 30-45 minutes, around Los Arcos and then to the beach. They charged $12/pp and had arranged a time to pick us up at the end of the day (included in the price) although we ended up taking another water taxi back because we didn't feel like walking all the way back down the beach. Try to find Daniel - he kept us laughing all through the tour to Los Arcos! :)

That map is totally distorted and does not even show the harbor or the marina at all! Do not use this map or you will be very confused when you get there! I know there is a map of the pier on www.cabodolphins.com. The ships tenders let you off right there. I'm sure there is a better map somewhere. Try www.loscabosguide.com.

My family and I are hoping to go to the ME resort for the day while we are in Cabo. It is right on the beach, yes? Are there jet skis on the beach there that my husband and son could possibly rent? Has anyone done this and might know the prices?

Thank you.

Archived