Paradise Beach Photos and Review 12-07

CoastalCounseling

The Photos:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1Bct3LRo2Ysqo&notag=1

The Short: Incredible amounts of family fun, very affordable, would not miss this beach.

The Long: We are just back from our second visit to Paradise Beach and I must say the secret is out. Others have found out about our favorite beach. There were five cruise ships in Cozumel the same day we were and thankfully, Paradise Beach did not seem crowded.

We gave up several tour options from our cruise ship, including a trip to see the ruins in Tulum and another visit to Chakanab State Park for our second day in Paradise. It was SOOOO worth it! We docked at Punta La Gusta (?) pier and got a taxi van to Paradise. It was $30 for 6 of us. Four adults and they did charge for my 2 year old and 6 year old.

Since our first visit, there are many new additions to Paradise Beach. My son loved the coconut tree climb. It is similar to a climbing wall, with a safety harness. There are many more chairs, umbrellas and some new toy additions. One favorite was the long tubes connecting the two water trampolines together.

The $9 all inclusive water toys wrist band was a great buy. (We have paid $7/day for just a float mat rental on HAL’s private island, so $9 was super inexpensive for ALL the toys.) My husband and sons climbed up the inflatable iceberg several times. They had so much fun on the trampolines and iceberg that they never even used all of the other water toys. There was snorkel gear, ocean kayaks and float mats also included free with the $9 wrist band purchase. We had just snorkeled the previous day in Grand Cayman, so the water toys were much more fun for the boys to play on.

If there was ever a place to send a ‘virtual’ e- postcard, Paradise Beach was it. With my free 15 minutes of internet (two computers on the bar), I was able to check email. I also sent all of my friends a link to Paradise Beach, while sitting in Paradise. SMILE!

Food and drinks: We got a bucket of beer for about $15, where as a bucket on the cruise ship was almost $20. Our family had nachos with guacamole. We also had fresh salsa and chips. The salsa had lots of cilantro and was hot hot hot! Enjoy! Sodas were reasonable at $2.50 or so, our ship was charging $4 for a soda/bottle of water. We also had ice cold pina coladas…. I think they were about $5 for the kids large cups (no alcohol) and $7 for the cups with rum. We got large plastic cups (I’m guessing 16 oz?) but they also had a Paradise Beach yard glass available for the serious fun and sun drinkers.

We lucked out and got a great day in Paradise. The sun was beautiful and we were thankful for 4 beach chairs and an umbrella. The water at Paradise Beach was clear and a turquoise jello blue. I would say we were in the water most of the day and spent very little time putting the chairs to good use! The kids had a blast playing in the sand. We even found a starfish in the shallow water. He made for some great pictures but we were sure to keep him wet and get him back in the ocean as soon as his photo shoot was over with.

“Paradise Beach Tom” stopped by to say hello. He posed for a photo with my 6 year old. Sorry Tom: No plasma tv this time either. Thanks for a great family day at Paradise Beach. I recommend your next addition be a shuttle bus to run from the pier to the beach and back ever hour or so. If you charge a few bucks a head, it could cover your expenses. The taxi drivers are getting good money and we would rather take a Paradise Beach Bus, destination Paradise!

Hope to be back in Paradise soon!

The Photos:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1Bct3LRo2Ysqo&notag=1

The Short: Incredible amounts of family fun, very affordable, would not miss this beach.

The Long: We are just back from our second visit to Paradise Beach and I must say the secret is out. Others have found out about our favorite beach. There were five cruise ships in Cozumel the same day we were and thankfully, Paradise Beach did not seem crowded.

We gave up several tour options from our cruise ship, including a trip to see the ruins in Tulum and another visit to Chakanab State Park for our second day in Paradise. It was SOOOO worth it! We docked at Punta La Gusta (?) pier and got a taxi van to Paradise. It was $30 for 6 of us. Four adults and they did charge for my 2 year old and 6 year old.

Since our first visit, there are many new additions to Paradise Beach. My son loved the coconut tree climb. It is similar to a climbing wall, with a safety harness. There are many more chairs, umbrellas and some new toy additions. One favorite was the long tubes connecting the two water trampolines together.

The $9 all inclusive water toys wrist band was a great buy. (We have paid $7/day for just a float mat rental on HAL’s private island, so $9 was super inexpensive for ALL the toys.) My husband and sons climbed up the inflatable iceberg several times. They had so much fun on the trampolines and iceberg that they never even used all of the other water toys. There was snorkel gear, ocean kayaks and float mats also included free with the $9 wrist band purchase. We had just snorkeled the previous day in Grand Cayman, so the water toys were much more fun for the boys to play on.

If there was ever a place to send a ‘virtual’ e- postcard, Paradise Beach was it. With my free 15 minutes of internet (two computers on the bar), I was able to check email. I also sent all of my friends a link to Paradise Beach, while sitting in Paradise. SMILE!

Food and drinks: We got a bucket of beer for about $15, where as a bucket on the cruise ship was almost $20. Our family had nachos with guacamole. We also had fresh salsa and chips. The salsa had lots of cilantro and was hot hot hot! Enjoy! Sodas were reasonable at $2.50 or so, our ship was charging $4 for a soda/bottle of water. We also had ice cold pina coladas…. I think they were about $5 for the kids large cups (no alcohol) and $7 for the cups with rum. We got large plastic cups (I’m guessing 16 oz?) but they also had a Paradise Beach yard glass available for the serious fun and sun drinkers.

We lucked out and got a great day in Paradise. The sun was beautiful and we were thankful for 4 beach chairs and an umbrella. The water at Paradise Beach was clear and a turquoise jello blue. I would say we were in the water most of the day and spent very little time putting the chairs to good use! The kids had a blast playing in the sand. We even found a starfish in the shallow water. He made for some great pictures but we were sure to keep him wet and get him back in the ocean as soon as his photo shoot was over with.

“Paradise Beach Tom” stopped by to say hello. He posed for a photo with my 6 year old. Sorry Tom: No plasma tv this time either. Thanks for a great family day at Paradise Beach. I recommend your next addition be a shuttle bus to run from the pier to the beach and back ever hour or so. If you charge a few bucks a head, it could cover your expenses. The taxi drivers are getting good money and we would rather take a Paradise Beach Bus, destination Paradise!

Hope to be back in Paradise soon!

Free 15 minutes of internet:confused: Where do I get that:D I would love to rub my co-workers nose in my joy:p

Free internet... YES it does exist! SMILE! We arrived at Paradise Beach early and we actually occupied BOTH lap tops at the bar. Both computers were empty when we got to Paradise. My husband sat across the bar from me, checking his work email, while I sent a virtual post card greeting/checked my email. The free internet was a great treat, as I had been several days in virtual "withdrawl" ! HA HA! ENJOY! Its a great family day.

We were at Paradise Beach this time last year and my family had a wonderful time. When my boys learned that we were going back to Coz on our next cruise, they loudly insisted that we go there again. I tried to suggest other ideas, but they LOVED PB and are so excited!

I'm glad that there are some new toys. I wonder if I should tell my boys, or just let them find out when we get there?

Thanks Tom for having such a fun place! See you in a few weeks!

Does Paradise Beach have lockers? That's really important to us. Also, how is the snorkeling? We went to Chankanaab last time and enjoyed the walk off snorkeling and the lockers to hold our stuff while we swam, but would like to try something new this time. And Paradise Beach is cheaper than Chankanaab.

• 2 weeks later...

Interested in paradise club, how do you book and can you arrange scuba diving at club, want to book certified dive for me and discovery dive for children aged 16 & 10.

Is it all inclusive with regard to drinks, water sports etc.

Any help thank you

I'm planning to cruise in March and was wondering if any one knew how the weather would be then. We're stopping in Cozumel and we'll probably stop by the dolphin park and then will probably want to go to the beach afterwards. How crowded does this and the nearby beaches get? Which would you say is the least crowded?

Archived