5 Star ***** Tour Guide in Turkey

Just back from the Star princess and wanted to express my absolute pleasure

with Levent Solmaz as our tour guide in Kusadasi Turkey . I booked him from the recomendations on this board and he was better then we had expected !!

We had a group of 6 and had a full day tour 8 + hrs with him ...

While we were on a tour of Ephesus, one of the tour guides from Princess had come up to me and asked how we managed to book Levent as he was the Number 1 rated guide in Turkey !!!... When I asked Levent about this he just

played it down .. ( Very humble Man ) .. His Knowledge about Turkey and

Religion is very impressive !! and his rates are extremly reasonable .. (Cheap)

So if your going to Turkey .. and want a terrific tour . Give Levent Solmaz

a shout .. http://www.leventsolmaz.com/ or just email me for additional info

Joe

Hi Joe,

Did you spend the whole time in Ephesus or did you tour other areas?

Thanks, Liz

Hey Liz .. we spent most of the day in Ephesus ,, so much to see !!

and then had lunch in town . ( Levent would not even allow us to buy him lunch .. ) b/t/w/ -- Lunch for 6 at a local eatery that he had suggested

was 25 euro . tip included .. included soup , salad, main course and dessert !

and drinks..

Also took in a local leather factory . Can't go to Turkey and not buy a leather coat .. We bought two .. very good prices and easy to make deals !!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joe,

I am just starting to get information on a cruise that would be primarily on the Greek Islands. I saw your post, and hoped you might give me your opinion of the cruise you took. I have seen some that included Turkey like the one you probably took. Did you shop and compare other cruise lines, and itineraries? Why did you end up choosing Princess? Also, did you feel safe during your cruise and while at port cities? I have traveled to Europe, but never Greece and Turkey. So, I am starting to put out feelers, and do my homework, and see if this type of cruise is for me. Thank-you for your advice.

Joy

Hi Joy

We have booked on the Aug 6 2005 cruise on the Grand Princess which goes to some Greek Islands as well as Kusadasi and some other great European ports.

You need have no fears regarding safety on any of the Greek islands as they are popular land-based holiday destinations in their own right for us Europeans.Could I suggest that you read some reviews to get a better feel of this type of cruise, which is VERY different to a caribbean cruise, for example.

As for Princess, on this board you'll find souls who really like some of the features special to Princess. Certainly, this line really knows how to operate in Europe and has, I believe 4 ships in Europe in 2005

Hi Joe,

I am just starting to get information on a cruise that would be primarily on the Greek Islands. I saw your post, and hoped you might give me your opinion of the cruise you took. I have seen some that included Turkey like the one you probably took. Did you shop and compare other cruise lines, and itineraries? Why did you end up choosing Princess? Also, did you feel safe during your cruise and while at port cities? I have traveled to Europe, but never Greece and Turkey. So, I am starting to put out feelers, and do my homework, and see if this type of cruise is for me. Thank-you for your advice.

Joy

Hi Joy , sorry for the delay in responding , I have compared other cruise lines and I just recently returned from Celebrity Summit Cruise and have found that Princess just does it a lot better . I love the itinerary and always felt very safe in every port we stopped . ( and also very welcome by local people that we have met ) it was the best vacation I have ever taken ... !!!

Do your homework .. have fun and let me know if I can help in any way .

Joe

My family also used Levent and found him to be wonderful. It was raining and chilly. While others were in line for a long time, our family with Levent guiding us was immediately let into the various sites. Levent was knowledgeable, patient with our teenage daughters and his English was perfect! We cannot recommend him enough!

We intend to use him again the next time we visit Turkey.

Jeff and Mari

We too used Levent in 2001 for Ephesus and Instanbul. We had a group of 6 traveling on the Windstar. He first met us for a fabulous tour of Ephesus and Kusadasi and then met us in Istanbul for 3 days of touring. He had a Mercedes bus that picked us up at our final destination in Istanbul and delivered us to our hotel and then did day and evening tours with us. I have remained in touch with him to this day and will definitely be using him when we return to Turkey next year. You cannot go wrong. He had some of his formal education in US and speaks English extremely well. Feel free to email me if you have any further questions.

Beth

• 1 month later...

I appreciated reading the recommendations about Levent and e-mailed him a week ago.

His answer back was the most comprehensive and thorough review of what he does for Turkey and Ephesus. I was very impressed. We have booked him for Sept. of next year for 3 days.

I'm sure we will have some very good days with him and will learn a lot.

I do appreciate all the great information exchanged on these boards.

Thanks...........

Silverfox. You will have a great time with Levant ,, such a humble man but has such an extensive knowledge of religion and of course the region ( his home turf ) -- He was also rated the # 1 guide in Turkey .. as told to me by a tour guide from Princess ..

Have a great cruise .. Joe

Hi All,

We toured with Levant in Istanbul in September. There were six of us 4 CCs and 2 Brits. He met us at the pier with a van large enough for 12. It was a wonderful day. You can't go wrong with him. I agree with all the comments others have made. Istanbul is one of my favorite cities. It is spectacular!

Regards,

Shannon

Archived