Recent Labadee visitors re: Slide

We're off in just a few more days, and I was planning on purchasing admission to the big water slide on Labadee. (Not the water park, but the one that is $20 for all day)

Someone recently posted that it closed at 1:30 when they were there - this would have me reconsider. Also, can you purchase the wrist band when you walk up instead of before hand so I can better make my decision? Thanks!:D

Hiya, was there in November. We didn't buy the slide ticket because we felt it was too much for maybe one of two slides (which we would have done!) but you could buy them when you were on the beach!!

The aqua park was good fun as well, though exhausting, even for adults!!

We were there in 06' on Freedom and we bought our daughter the all day pass right there at the beach. It was a bit high priced we thought, and she only went down the slide about 5 times. There was an influx of jelly fish that day, everyone was getting stung. We went back to the ship early and the kids had a better time.

Thanks for the replies! I tried to talk the kids (13 and 9 boys) out of the water park that is for one scheduled hour since many of the same water "toys" will be at Paradise Beach in Cozumel. But I promised them the slide. (This is the one that is off the water - big blowup thing called the SeaTrek Water Slide) If that turns out to be a worthless use of $20 each, does anyone have any other not too expensive ideas that boys this age might enjoy?

Thanks for the replies! I tried to talk the kids (13 and 9 boys) out of the water park that is for one scheduled hour since many of the same water "toys" will be at Paradise Beach in Cozumel. But I promised them the slide. (This is the one that is off the water - big blowup thing called the SeaTrek Water Slide) If that turns out to be a worthless use of $20 each, does anyone have any other not too expensive ideas that boys this age might enjoy?

We where there in August and didn't know what the boys would want to do. Since we had booked the Kayak Adventure at 1:00 the Water Park was out of the question. We opted for the slide and the boys had a blast. To cap it off when we checked our Sea Pass Charges we where only charged $10 each.

If you are in good physical shape and not afraid of kayaking thru 40ft waters then that is also a fun option. Be aware that part of this excursion takes you to a beach on the other side that is full of vendors selling their wares and they are kind of on the pushy side.

• 1 year later...

We were there in December and were considering buying the slide pass but a couple of things turned us off. One, the price! Two, there seemed to be a lot of locals using it. They were being pretty agressive and jumping really hard and shaking the slide which was freaking some people out. There was no enforcement or anyone watching either.

We were there in December and were considering buying the slide pass but a couple of things turned us off. One, the price! Two, there seemed to be a lot of locals using it. They were being pretty agressive and jumping really hard and shaking the slide which was freaking some people out. There was no enforcement or anyone watching either.

Since when are the local allowed on the grounds at Labadee. The only locals I've seen are the worrkers or the kids trying to get food from you near the fence.

My DS 12 and 13 used the slide and had a great time. We have heard that in the Water Park a lot of kids were getting stung by Jelly Fish so we didn't do that last time.

I think we're going to hold off on booking it now... seems you can always do it there or on the ship. Most of the reviews seem to be neutral or somewhat negative... is the water park in the ocean (jellyfish?)

Yes you can book it when you get on the island. That is what we did and they actually uner charged us.

Yes the Water Park is a in the Ocean and is partitioned by a floating barrier. To us the Water Park was more of a bad choice.

Here is a Pic I found http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1110545909043094961yEgHkD

Yes you can book it when you get on the island. That is what we did and they actually uner charged us.

Yes the Water Park is a in the Ocean and is partitioned by a floating barrier. To us the Water Park was more of a bad choice.

Here is a Pic I found http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1110545909043094961yEgHkD

thanks for the heads up ... neither seems worth it... it's going to be a day of thing for us.

thanks..

Archived