Tour with Bernard

packandgo

We took a tour with Bernard on 11/14/2007 in St. Martin and it was excellent! Bernard was very accomodating and was very open to anything you would like to see and do in addition to having very good expert suggestions himself.

One thing that was so exceptional about this tour was that we sailed on the Explorer of the Seas which did not arrive in port until after 3 p.m. which did not give us many hours of daylight for sightseeing but Bernard made it work for us. He dropped us off downtown for shopping first since most of the stores close around 6 p.m. Then we toured both the Dutch and French sides of the island which included Maho Beach where it looks like the big jets are going to land on top of you. He even took us into the residential areas where we could see the actual livestyles of the people of the island (which you never get to see on the big tour buses), and then he took us to dinner at Talk of the Town. That is not to be missed. They served the biggest lobster tails that I have ever seen. It covered the whole plate and you simply can not eat it all, and the price was very reasonable.

We will be going back to St. Martin next November and will definitely book our excursion with Bernard again and will definitely go back to Talk of the Town.

One thing to be aware of there is another guy named Victor who Bernard use to work with. If he hears that you are looking for Bernard when you get to the pier he will approach you pretending to be Bernard to try and steal his business. Do not go with him. Bernard will be waiting at the pier for you at a place that he has instructed you to meet him, then of course if you go to his website there is a picture of him there. He is distinctly taller than Victor, at least 6 ft. tall but you will recognize him.

Again, you can't go wrong booking with Bernard.

Ingrid & Clarence

Thank you for that information. I had just contacted Bernard before getting on these boards today asking him if he had availability. I was already booked with SXM but would rather have Bernard. My trip isn't until March so should not be a problem.

then of course if you go to his website there is a picture of him there. He is distinctly taller than Victor, at least 6 ft. tall but you will recognize him.

Again, you can't go wrong booking with Bernard.

Ingrid & Clarence

What is his web site?

Does anyone know if Bernard is Licensed? After losing my deposit with "no rush tours", I am very hesitant to book privately.

Judy

I do not know about a license, but we toured with him last week. He is very professional. He responded to all of our questions and met us as planned. We did not pay any deposit and paid at the end of the tour. I would book with him again without hesitation.

• 2 weeks later...

What happened with Bernard and Victor?

We booked his tour for last February- We waited a very long time for 2 people at the pier who were no shows. We had a whole family that booked and he made us go with Victor to keep them together. and boy was I pissed-- and Bernard knew this. I booked this tour over a year out with all the good reviews of Bernard on the boards.

Victor followed Bernards van and when we stopped Bernard always sought me and SO out to make sure we were fine. When the tour stopped at St Marten Bernard took us other places (to make sure we were kept happy)

He even gave us photo albums at the end.

Bernard knew I was a heavy poster on cruise boards so that could be another reason he went out of his way to make sure we were kept happy.

I would book with Bernard again-- only if I was guaranteed a toru with him personally.

What happened with Bernard and Victor?

We booked his tour for last February- We waited a very long time for 2 people at the pier who were no shows. We had a whole family that booked and he made us go with Victor to keep them together. and boy was I pissed-- and Bernard knew this. I booked this tour over a year out with all the good reviews of Bernard on the boards.

Victor followed Bernards van and when we stopped Bernard always sought me and SO out to make sure we were fine. When the tour stopped at St Marten Bernard took us other places (to make sure we were kept happy)

He even gave us photo albums at the end.

Bernard knew I was a heavy poster on cruise boards so that could be another reason he went out of his way to make sure we were kept happy.

I would book with Bernard again-- only if I was guaranteed a toru with him personally.

If you have not noticed Bernard and Victor are not together. If you booked with Bernard that far out your booking was actually with SXM Tours not Bernard. Victor runs SXM Tours now. Bernard has been on his own for several months now (long story). Bernard would not just be nice to you because you are a poster. Guarantee that. He's a nice guy who loves his job.

He is at www.bernardstours.com

e-mail at bernard1332002@yahoo.com

Laura

If you have not noticed Bernard and Victor are not together. If you booked with Bernard that far out your booking was actually with SXM Tours not Bernard. Victor runs SXM Tours now. Bernard has been on his own for several months now (long story). Bernard would not just be nice to you because you are a poster. Guarantee that. He's a nice guy who loves his job.

He is at www.bernardstours.com

e-mail at bernard1332002@yahoo.com

Laura

Ditto to that! Bernard is a very nice, gracious and reliable person who loves his island and wants to make sure you enjoy St. Martin while there. He will take you where you want to go and also has excellent suggestions if you are not familiar with the island. Instead of just another tour guide, we felt as though we had made a new friend. We are defintely going to book him again when we go back next year.

Ingrid

• 2 weeks later...

I booked Bernard's tour and was so glad I did. Though we didn't get him and got Joe instead, we loved it. Joe was fantastic. There was only one other couple with us and he took such great care of us and took us everywhere. Joe knew the answers to every single question we had and more.

Before the tour left, Bernard came over and introduced himself and told us that Joe would take care of us. We really enjoyed our day.

We booked tried to book Bernard in February and he was already booked. He offered another driver by the name of Junior, which I accepted. Has anyone else ever toured with Junior through Bernard?

I know Bernard has started using them to help him when he is booked. Make sure you give feedback to Bernard. Hope you have a great tour.

We're going back to St Martin in Oct. Cannot wait.

Laura

We toured with Bernard in December and had a wonderful day. He is very polite and couldn't do enough to please us. When one in our group asked about rum punch, he bought some punch while we enjoyed free time in Marigot and gave everyone a cup of punch on the way back to Phillipsburg. I would recommend Bernard without hesitation.

Archived