Galveston- Quality Inn & Suites

snowshh

Has anyone stayed here? If so, would you recommend this hotel at $175.00 per night? Having a very hard time finding somewhere with available room 01/26/08 below $250.00+. Thanks so much.

Also, how early do you go to the port in Galveston?

We stayed there last March--its OK for a pre-cruise stay, but $175 seems high to me. But if everywhere else is going higher then that might be the going rate for this time of year. Nothing special, just a hotel room. Small lobby, but they do have a cold continental breakfast in the am.

I found lots of hotels for both 1/26 and 1/27 for less than $150, including the 4 star properties using one of the common .com hotel search engines. Also, are you on a cruise? I don't see any cruises leaving Galveston on 1/28, but several that leave 1/27 and 1/26, so double check your search dates. Mardi Gras in Galvestion runs 1/25 to 2/5, so book soon.

Has anyone stayed here? If so, would you recommend this hotel at $175.00 per night? Having a very hard time finding somewhere with available room 01/26/08 below $250.00+. Thanks so much.

Also, how early do you go to the port in Galveston?

Jan 25 2008/Feb 5 2008

Different types of events going on. Check out Galveston.com lot of information

cherylandth: We are cruising on RCL Jan. 27, 2008. I've been to Galveston.com and everything seems to be booked or really $$$. Is it against posting rules to list hotels you or anyone else are using?

My time is getting short to find hotel. We will need 3-4 rooms. Thanks so much. Our other option is to stay at the Doubletree at the Houston airport but I would much rather be in Galveston on Sunday.

What time to you guys usually get to the port?

Then you want a hotel for 1/26, not 1/27 :). La Quinta and Baymont Inn both 2.5 stars, basic hotels, just as good as Quality Inn, maybe better, show 3 rooms with 2 adults each at $126 and $139 for that night on hotels dot com. OK to mention hotel names, not OK to mention travel agencies. Its the number of rooms that is going to limit you--book soon. 4 star properties don't have that many rooms open.

Cherylandth: I cannot thank you enough for your help. I just booked 4 rooms with Baymont Inn & Suites. Hotel is on 63rd Street Galveson but still says 3.5 miles from RCL port.

These boards are such wonderful help to us cruisers!

Oh, have you heard that RCL is moving from Miami to Port Carnival? I was just getting use to Miami!

Most hotels are on the "Seawall" oceanview. The port is on an inland track of water where is called "The Strand". There is the Tremote on the Strand within a block of the port but it is very old and historic and usually very expensive - expecially since it is right in the middl eof the action for Mardi Gras. I personally would rather be on teh Seawall and watch the ocean roll in. The HOliday Inn Sunspree is nice and new and the San Luis is awesome! A very veyr upscale hotel so if it is not much more I'd go for it. Also teh Hilton is next to the San Luis. Great beach across the street - most hotels are not right in the beach because of hurricanes - that is what is meant by "Seawall"... :) If you have a car check out the Galveston State PArk while you are there - they ahve the BEST beach and it is $3 per eprson to get in... :) Debbie

Also on this board is an area called North American Homeports, and under that is Gulf Coast Departures. There are many people who live in the Galveston/Houston area and/or sail out of there frequently with lots of info as well. And I think Mekamax meant the Tremont House instead of Tremote. There is also the Harbor House in The Strand area also. I don't know about where all the Mardi Gras festivities, but I do know that the parade is down Seawall Blvd.

Cherylandth: I cannot thank you enough for your help. I just booked 4 rooms with Baymont Inn & Suites. Hotel is on 63rd Street Galveson but still says 3.5 miles from RCL port.

These boards are such wonderful help to us cruisers!

Oh, have you heard that RCL is moving from Miami to Port Carnival? I was just getting use to Miami!

You won't have any trouble getting to the port. Just head back towards the Interstate on 61st, then instead of going left to get back on 45 you turn right and follow Broadway right into the area you need. I think theres a big sign even that says Cruise Terminal turn here.:D

You'll also be just around the corner from the Super Walmart, and a bunch of resturants and grocery stores.

Have fun.

Archived