Carnival Website question

mysticalblues

I booked my cruise through AAA and received my booking number today. I tried to enter it under my Past Guest number, but it said the booking doesn't exist, but I could fill out my FunPass.

I called Carnival and they said it was was because I booked through a TA and not directly through them. I know I'm not the only one who uses a TA. Has anyone else had this problem?

I booked a guarantee and I want to be able to see my room number.

Thanks,
Pam

It could be that what AAA gave you was their confirmation number rather than Carnival's booking number. It should be a 6 digit letter/number combination - such as P54C32.

But tef is correct - when you book a guarantee, you won't see a cabin number until they assign you to one (about 6-8 weeks out)

I booked with a TA on line. Last night I tried to get on to the Carnival site and had the same experience of not being able to. I think I have the TA's booking # and not Carnival's #. I am going to call the TA and find out....please let me know if you get it worked out. I was afraid maybe my reservation didn't take. I did not book gty and I don't want anybody to get my room because I like it!

Mysticalblues and Harleychick, neither one of you show when you are sailing. If you just booked it may take a little time to get the info into the Carnival website. Once you have you're booking #, which may take a week or so...try it and you should be in there. One other thing, Carnival has been extremely busy the last few weeks and still yet because of all this nasty hurricaine business, and things are not going to be up to par on their website as the majority of their people are manning the phones. In addition to the huge amount of calls they take daily just doing "business as usual", they are being inundated right now with pax calling regarding Ivan,as previously Frances. I know this because I was one of those silly enough to pick this time to call about a gift Carnival is giving to me. You know one of those letters that say call within 45 days of your next cruise..? Even tho, I knew they were probably very busy, I was excited and called anyway last week. The person I talked to tho, was wonderful ( actually, a little relieved I was calling about something other than Frances). But back to your original ?, I booked thru a TA and it turned up on the website....and your room # won't probably be assigned for awhile yet. When are you going? Chud

[b]Chudley[/b],
I've been booked since December and I'm sailing on 10/23. My TA gave me my booking number so I could do the funpass online and that worked fine. So I tried to put that same number in the "my reservations" section of the website and I got the error message. So I called CCL and they told me that since I booked through a TA I could do funpass online but not the "my reservation" section.

HarleyChick, That's weird, don't get me wrong, I believe everything you're saying, but my stuff is all in there. I wonder if mine's in there because I'm a past guest?? I do know alot of people have had problems with the website, with no rhyme or reason to it, hmmmm. Have you tried calling more than once? Some on these boards report that talking to different people at Carnival sometime have different results. They should have your room number by now, maybe you ought to try again, that is if you haven't already. Most cruisers are tenacious!! :D :D Where are you going? Chud

We booked our trip last year and got a cabin number when we booked. We asked for a specific cabin type, if that makes a difference. Our TA gave us the booking number right away and I've had my info finished online for several months. Good luck!!!;)

I booked this cruise back in February and I am sailing Oct 24th. So, I don't think timing is a problem. I do have Carnivals confirmation number as I was able to do my Fun Pass. I thought this was a little weird.

I know my cabin number may not be listed yet, but I would have liked to try it. My cruise is only 6 and 1/2 weeks away, so I figured therew as a chance it would be listed soon.

I am a past guest, so that is not the problem.

Maybe I'll call back in a couple of days and see what they say.

Thanks,
Pam

Hey folks, AAA is selling cabins singlely, but they are buying in groups, so you won;t get cabin if you didn't purchase a specific cabin number, if you purchased 8a you can't find out till you get to port. I also heard starting next month for security reasons your room will be on your paper work you must look for it, Lary

I booked my cruise with a TA and was able to gain access to my reservations (we have two cabins booked) as soon as I hung up the phone with her using the booking numbers she gave me, the only thing it dosen' t give the two cabin numbers and I booked giving Carnival the cabins I wanted.

On RCCL you can look up all your info on there web site, cabin, dinner time, etc. I wasen't sure if you could get all that info on CC web site, I guess not.

JTSfink

Archived