2009 Cruises

Prince

I've experienced more smoking on Regent than SS, but then the lounges have been more active, plus both times I was with a group and was out and about a great deal. Even then, it was mostly encountered if I hung out and chatted with someone at a smoking end of the lounge or at the pool bar, which was my choice.

There were 106 (I calculated 29.44%) Americans on that Dubai cruise. I guess most just kept to themselves.

The only place there was any smoking was behind the hot tubs on this last SS cruise, which was annoying to me since I am a heavy hot tubber. There was a pipe guy there, but I made sure to hang at the other hot tub. I don't remember any smoking on the 2nd SS cruise. The first one, we had one encounter but then found out we were in the smoking section of the Panorama lounge. It just really has not been that prevalent for us. Our first two cruises were Caribbean, but there were plenty of Europeans. The first cruise, a Spanish group booked most of the ship.

If everyone from lines that ban smoking, essentially, run over to SS, it might be a bigger issue, but it hasn't been to us so far, and we are quite sensitive.

we are booking tomorrow.it is a great itinerary.wish seabourn was not doing the old tired ports.

trivia: the longest song title ever?(remember..the 40's were different times)

'i'm a cranky old yank in a clanky old tank on the streets of yokohama with my honolulu mama doing those beat-o, beat-o, flat on my seat-o hirohito blues"

the writer:Hoagy carmichael

by the way,only 54 here and was not old enough to remember Hoagy but i love useless information. Ken jennings: where are you??"

Archived