jet skis

green eyed lady

Am trying to get info on jet skiing. We will be in Nassau in July and I got info from the Sheraton on Paradise Island. It's $60 per 1/2 hr or $100 per hour and the guy told me just to go to the towel booth at the Sheraton and he would hook me up.

Now I am reading that Cable Beach might be better. Do they have jet skis for rent there? If so, which hotel? And then can we use the hotel's beach and pool? Really confused about where to go for the day while we're there. Any suggestions?

Jen

Either Paradise Island or Cable Beach will have jet skis. The difference between the two is that Cabbage Beach (paradise Island) can have rough open water, while Cable Beach is calmer, more protected waters.
Either have jet ski vendors (they are independent and not associated with the hotels, so you can haggle with the prices).

The Sheraton has been bought out recently, so I'm not sure what will be happening to the property while it's being refurbished. (access to lounges on the beach etc). Lounges at Atlantis, next door, the only other major hotel on the strip, does NOT allow you to use the lounges, but you can drop your beach towel anywhere along the beach. You can enter the beach thru the public walkway next to the Sheraton.

On the other hand, Cable Beach has 3 major hotels, all in a row. Radisson, Wyndham and Nassau Beach Hotel. Each allows cruisers access to their pools, beach etc, with the understanding that you'll have lunch, drinks etc, while your there. Jet Ski Vendors are next to the Nassau Beach Hotel, just a short walk from any of these hotels.
You can take a cab to Cable Beach, or the #10 jitney (bus) for $1. Catch the jitney downtown on Frederick St near the docks, and ask the driver to let you off at the Radisson or Nassau Beach Hotel. You can grab the jitney back to down from out front of any of the hotels.. just flag down the #10.. they run every 10 minutes or so.

A cab should cost you about $21 for the 5 of you. Plus tip.

You can pick up the jitney off Bay Street (just head toward the wharf or town (just a block straight or right of the dock) and ask where to catch the jitneys. It's about 2/3 short blocks to grab the #10 to Cable Beach .. then leave every few minutes.

If you want an even shorter ride, head to the Mc Donalds in front of the British Colonial Hilton, the jitney leaves from out front every few minutes. The cost is $1pp, pay as you leave the jitney - exact fare only.

Either way, it's very easy to get to Cable Beach, and worth it.
Just make sure your on the # 10.. ask the driver before you board.

Archived