Roatan Zip lining

chaka khan

We just returned last week.....We did the Canopy Tour in Roatan. There was a weight limit of 235lbs. Which is what my husband weighs. They just ask him if he was in pretty good health and let him go. They did give him an additional harness around his upper back, but that was it.

• 2 weeks later...

we did gumbalimba and i did not find it strenuous at all. we wore gloves to help with braking. the tour starts right off of the road - you just walk down a short path, get your equipment, and you're at the first launching site. we never walked across any ropes or bridges - just zipped from platform to platform. if your father is 75 and in great shape, he could definitely do gumbalimba. we ended up on the beach.

I've never ziplined. I'm also afraid of heights, but really want to do this. I'm 55 and DD will be 22 when we sail. We're not athletic types at all, but we aren't "supersized" people. Just not athletic.

I'm booking with Diana & Cinthia and assume they can take me to whichever zipline I chose. I want to incorporate a beach and the Iguana farm during our day. We'll be in port 8 am - 3 pm.

I have no idea where the Iguana farm is and no idea where the best beaches may be.

Any advice on what combo might work best for us? Thanks!

Hello,

I just received an email from Victor this morning. He is working on a chart to compare zip lines and is going to make it a link on his website. I found it very helpful.

http://www.boddentours.com/zipline.htm

I did not like the 20 pp for his van and wondered if anyone had taxied on their own to the South shore zip line and back to West End beach.? I am wondering what independant taxis rates are . .We are a family of 6.

Hello,

I just received an email from Victor this morning. He is working on a chart to compare zip lines and is going to make it a link on his website. I found it very helpful.

http://www.boddentours.com/zipline.htm

I did not like the 20 pp for his van and wondered if anyone had taxied on their own to the South shore zip line and back to West End beach.? I am wondering what independant taxis rates are . .We are a family of 6.

My Dh and I are going to Roatan in May and we are going to book through Shore trips. Its 57.00 pp which includes, ziplining at South Shore, transportion to and from the ship as well as a stop at West End or Tabyanna beach.

• 1 month later...

We visited Roatan on March 26th and pre-booked with South Shore Canopy. Afew days earlier we were aware of the death in Roatan at the other zipline facility. Needless to say we were abit nervous.

The weather was uncooperative with choppy waves ( tendered in lifeboats from Costa Mediterranea) and had trouble with getting off the ship ( not a ship excursion). We found South Shore Canopy easily walking thru the pier/shopping area and proceeded to find and pay SS representative. They got my group of 29 into their vans for the 15-20 minute trip to SS. It was drizzling, but by the time we got harnessed and briefed it was pouring rain on and off. There is not much shelter available. We still did the ziplines which were alot of fun. Our guides treated us well and we had a great time even with the inclement weather. I did not feel unsafe at any time, and the guides explained the safety features to our satifaction. The sights on this zipline were beautiful. It was the first time any in our group ziplined. We all were pleased with our adventure. Even if your weather is not inclement like ours, wear clothes that you might not mind tossing. With the rain and grease from the lines.....we threw out alot of shirts once onboard the ship. When we embarked back on the ship, the crew got a big kick out of our appearances! Loose shorts are recommended because of the harness too!

Do not wear sandals but sturdy watershoes or old gym shoes. You will be landing on a steel platform.

A couple of things I should mention. It was busy, so we did have 1/2 hour-45 minute wait to get harnassed. At the end of your adventure please tip your guides. The drivers of our vans from the company (SS) were very professional and engaging. They did wait for us and locked our belongings in the vans.

Driving was hard with all the mud from the rain, but they did an excellent job. We tipped the drivers as well. I did email the manager with acouple of concerns post cruise and he answered promptly. I would recommend them again to my clients and hopefully afew kinks will get ironed out.

Hi Parrothead,

We had pouring rain on our visit to Roatan so I am sure if you have better weather the times will be shorter.

It took us about 15-20 min from the pier to the zipline, 45 min. wait to get harnessed and zipline ( it was VERY busy that day), 60 min. to zip, and 10 min to return (driven back in vans) to starting point.

Have Fun!

Hi Parrothead,

We had pouring rain on our visit to Roatan so I am sure if you have better weather the times will be shorter.

It took us about 15-20 min from the pier to the zipline, 45 min. wait to get harnessed and zipline ( it was VERY busy that day), 60 min. to zip, and 10 min to return (driven back in vans) to starting point.

Have Fun!

Thank you!! That helps a lot!

Archived