Seattle Hotel Help

SJCSuzy

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to plan for a hotel in Seattle prior to our Princess cruise from Vancouver. Here are our details:

We'll be staying only 1 night (Sun July 6)

planning on taking Amtrak Monday am to Vancouver (730am departure)

We currently have the Quality Inn & Suites booked but are still looking for the best option

There are 8 people in our party, ranging in age from 11 to 79!

I doube we'll be out after dark since we have to get up so early the next day

Price is a big concern, not more than about $150 per room/night (we need 3 rooms)

Have thought about staying by SEA but not sure of the taxi ride to Amtrak, is traffic bad in the am?

Are there any other areas that would be easier to commute in on Monday?

I would love to stay downtown but I don't think the others in our party are willing to pay that much for a room. If we do stay out by SEA any recommendations on a shuttle the next morning? Or is a taxi our best bet?

Thanks in advance for you help! I've learned so much here I'm sure our trip will be a huge success!

Suzy

You need to get to the train station early to check your bags and get your seat assignments. I would not want to be driving in from an airport hotel that morning, as you would have to be up really early. We stayed at the Best Western Pioneer Square hotel, it was about a 5 minute cab ride to the train station. We also told the front desk the night before, and they had cabs outside for us in the morning, and also arranged the van service to take us back to the hotel when we spent a night there again on our return. If you have AAA, they had an AAA rate since we booked early.

Suzy: You need to be at King Street Station not later than 6:30 (at the VERY latest) because check in lines for the Cascades train are LOOOOOOOONG. It is a 30 minute drive from the area of the airport on days when there is NO traffic, and I haven't found one of those yet in nearly seven years of living here.

Taxi from the airport to downtown is flat rate, about $30.00 for two people, with extra charges for additional passengers. If you have a lot of luggage, you probably won't be able to handle more than two in a taxi.

Quality Inn and Suites is fine, so long as you are not planning on being out after dark, as you mentioned above, and taxi would be a lot cheaper from there to the station, and you wouldn't have to leave so early (about a 10-15 minute drive during morning rush hour).

Thanks for your input. I think we'll just stay with the Quality Inn, that way I don't have to hear all the groaning with having to get up extra early! :D

Any ideas about a shuttle company from SEA to Quality Inn? Are there any limo type companies that you might recommend?

Thanks again!

Suzy

Down on the baggage level of the terminals, the car services have a desk where you can get a limo. Costs just about the same for a town car or stretch as it does for a regular taxi. All of the car services get their pax from this one desk. Once you have picked up your luggage, just ask any uniformed personnel, and they will direct you to the desk for the car services/limos.

Shuttle Express is the local van shuttle company, and it is about $32.00 or thereabouts to downtown.

The closest you can get to King Street Station when using the Grey Line Airport buses is downtown at the Westin, then you need to change to the so called Connector buses and they will drop off at the ferry terminal, which is about 1 mile from the King Street Station. Probably better/easier to just go out to the front of the Westin (5th Avenue) and grab a cab for the ride to the station. It's only a couple of miles, and not horrendously expensive.

Archived