Policy for reserving deck chairs

NewCruisr

I understand what you are saying and agree with it to a degree. But, if we do only swim for say 15 to 20 minutes, and want to sit, is it fair that we need to search for a chair? Going to lunch, is a different matter, of course we would give up our seats. I don't understand people who don't do that.

C

I don't have any problem with swimming for 15-20 minutes. I have heard, that the time limit to leave a chair is 30 minutes. That's why I was saying if the person swims with the kids for 45 mins etc. As long as you/anyone gets back in the chair within the 30 minutes limit, no problem.

Enjoy.

We brinh aloong a couple of old diry shorts and put them on a few chiars with one of the dirty towle out of the return tub. No one generally touches them and we have gone away for a couple hours with no problems.

Hope this help

That makes you a chair hog!!

DON

I loved it on my Brilliance cruise. The deck patrol would mark chairs with little stickers with the time on them. After 30 minutes, the items in the chair would head down to the lost and found and the chairs became available to people who actually wanted to use them.

That should be used on all of the ships! I think it would work.:)

That makes you a chair hog!!

DON

Read on!

As for the Chair Hog Jail Maybe the time should be determined by how lon it takes them to come back to the chair. Say double the time. Leave for an hour, two hours in jail!

Read on!

As for the Chair Hog Jail Maybe the time should be determined by how lon it takes them to come back to the chair. Say double the time. Leave for an hour, two hours in jail!

Except for the fact that throwing things overboard is not allowed, a good solution would be to take the all stuff that they are using to hold the chair and throw it into the sea.

DON

I have the all time wost chair hogging item. On the Caribbean Princess there was a woman and a baby walking by the chairs. She saw an empty chair and jumped on it. In order to save the chair she actually laid her baby's dirty diaper on the chair and walked on. I was completely grossed out!! I was nearby so watched this with great interest. NO ONE came near the chair including the Deck Patrol staff. A couple of hours later she showed up with her older children and pool bag. She sat down, the kids jumped in the pool. She stayed for a grand total of maybe 45 minutes at the most, of which 30 minutes she was in the pool with the kids. So for the use of a deck chair for 15 minutes, she tied up a chair for nearly 3 hours and contaminated the pool deck with e-coli bacteria:eek: :eek: .

Did you consider going to one of the pool attendants and ask them to remove the "evidence"? I would have done that immediately.

Archived