Renting jet skis

kaiiak

We are doing a cruise to Cabo, Maz. & PV this spring. We are considering Stone Island or Mazatlan Frank tour in Maz, and maybe a sailing excursion in Cabo, but nothing is set in stone yet.

My family wants to go somewhere where they can rent jet skis. Anyone have experience w/ this? Where is a good place to do this? I would prefer to stay at a day resort on the beach w/ food, pool, lounge chairs, etc. A place offering all of these things w/ jet ski rental would be ideal. Any suggestions? THANKS:)

Snorkeling is probably best over at Chilleno or Santa Maria. Snorkeling on the Mexican Riviera is fair to good depending upon the weather. Snorkeling over near Lover's Beach is only fair at best. This is quite different than snorkeling in the Caribbean. Water temps will be a little cooler as well.

There are many beach bars/restaurants on Medano Beach that will have beach chairs/loungers set up for paying customers. Other choices may include the Pueblo Bonito Resorts (2 of them side-by-side) and the Melia (aka: ME). You will have to inquire at those resorts if they allow day use as long as you are eating/drinking. It will depend a lot upon how busy they are. Since you are going in April, be aware that Medano Beach during Spring Break is party central and the most active area will be in front of the Melia Resort. Another caveat is that I can no longer recommend "The Office" (restaurant) on the beach. It used to be great. Now it is over priced, average food, with lackluster service.

Thanks for the info. I have heard about the OK snorkeling in Cabo. We are trying to do a sailing excursion (I think it goes to Pelican Rock) so at least we get some good sailing time in as well.

As for the resorts in Medano Beach, our 12 year old son is traveling with us, so I would prefer to be away from any area where there will be an abundance of beer bongs and thong wearing 20 year olds. As a UCLA grad... been there, done that (OK well not the thong wearing:D ) Seriously though, which of those resorts seems to be the most family friendly?

Archived