Car Rental or Shuttle

FunShipAddict

:confused: Looking for some opinions..... our cruise is Sat. is out of Miami.

We are flying in Friday night. There will be 8 of us - adults. Staying overnight in Ft. Lauderdale. Would it be better to rent cars at the airport for transportation to the hotel, out for dinner - out for breakfast, then to the Miami airport to return the car and shuttle from the rental location to the ship. OR would it be better to shuttle from the airport to the hotel - then to the port? Thoughts???? Thanks!

:confused: Looking for some opinions..... our cruise is Sat. is out of Miami.

We are flying in Friday night. There will be 8 of us - adults. Staying overnight in Ft. Lauderdale. Would it be better to rent cars at the airport for transportation to the hotel, out for dinner - out for breakfast, then to the Miami airport to return the car and shuttle from the rental location to the ship. OR would it be better to shuttle from the airport to the hotel - then to the port? Thoughts???? Thanks!

Rental car will probably come out the best value and give you much more flexibility to get around.

where are you staying in Fort Lauderdale?

I'm trying to figure out the same thing, we have 6 adults (1 with a wheelchair), flying in the day before our cruise. We'd like to see some of Fort Lauderdale, other than from a hotel window.

We are staying at Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort. Looks like it's right on the beach. But we'll see. I just wanted to get us all together for breakfast and to head over to the ship. I have my son & DIL flying in from Californina, My daughter and SO from Chicago and then the 4 of us

that live in Michigan. My main concern is making sure we getting us all

together for boarding.

I'm thinking the car rental is the way to go - just wanted to see if anyone had some experiences that would be easier. WIth 8 adults - I'm thinking

we we'll need 2 vehicles.

I think I would rent a 15 pax van. Drive to where everyone wants to go, enjoy the short trip down from ftl, drop off everyone, then 1 or 2 people go drop off the van, then catch shuttle back to port. That way you have someone in line for you.

Archived