Port Time vs. Ship time - Roatan Delays Due to Engine

nasvhillecruise

Nashvillecruiser... Thanks, I was just about to email Victor (I have reserved with him on our cruise) we really want to do the Zipline (my 14 and 16 year old say this is the highlight for them). I know from the reviews that the Roatan zipline is much much nicer than the Belize zip line. I actually found videos of it on youtube and it looks awesome. I same the start of the zipline when I was in Roatan before.

I had it on my list to email Victor and make sure we could still do the zipline with the delay. When I was in Roatan in 2005, I was going to do the zipline, but it was raining really hard with lots of wind and a small tree had fallen on one of the segments, so I was going to have to wait for an hour for them to clear the tree and test the line. Since it was raining so hard, I decided I really didn't want to get that wet, so I really don't want to miss this time.

tidecruiser,

I received another e-mail from Victor saying that all of his reserved tours from NCL Spirit would be reduced by $5 pp since the tour is being cut due to the delay. I don't know if people were cancelling right & left on him or whether he thought the deduction would just be a good thing, but I'm glad it's reduced a little anyway. He ensured me again we'd have time to do everything.

Debbie

Back to the queston someone asked about docking vs. tendering in Roatan. We were on the Spirit for the 12/9 cruise and we had to tender into Roatan. It took over an hour and a half to get off the ship since we didn't book an NCL excursion. The cruise before us got to dock. I think it depends on how many ships in port that day and who gets there first.

Archived