nwa.com is having a seat sale

MommaOML

This is the email I got from NWA:

For a limited time, Northwest is offering great deals on travel within the U.S. 50 or from the U.S. 50 to Canada, Asia and Europe. To take advantage of these low fares, purchase your tickets by January 10, 2008 and complete your travel within the U.S. 50 by March 6, 2008; to Canada by April 30, 2008; to Asia by April 12, 2008^; and to Europe by April 22, 2008.^

^Travel to Asia must originate by March 13, 2008 and travel to Europe must originate by March 23, 2008.

These fares won't last long, so don't delay. Purchase your tickets today!

Sample Each-way Airfares* +

Detroit - Chicago$49

Memphis - Orlando$69

Milwaukee - Portland, OR$109

Minneapolis/St. Paul - Las Vegas$114

San Francisco - New York City$139

Hartford/Springfield - Amsterdam$194

Minneapolis/St. Paul - London$272

Portland, OR - Tokyo$363

Detroit - Shanghai$399

Some of the fares are good deals, but others are either the standard NW fares between cities or just a small reduction. As with any kind of sale (think department stores), you need to know what the "usual" pricing is so you can determine if it is a good buy.

I watched the fares for a month and a half before I booked my seats; I booked at the lowest fare I had seen (on Air Canada, Northwest, Delta, etc). Of course, with this NWA seat sale, the overall fare dropped almost $100 pp. I'm sorta PO'd, but at least I got an EVA out of it.

Some of the fares are good deals, but others are either the standard NW fares between cities or just a small reduction. As with any kind of sale (think department stores), you need to know what the "usual" pricing is so you can determine if it is a good buy.

I totally agree. I haven't seen any bargains to where I often fly or have been watching. The fares now are more than what I paid from central MN to Germany in November for travel end of January ($400 round trip including all taxes/fuel surcharges is excellent IMHO).

John

Archived