How to file a complaint?

How did they respond to your complaint? Im still unsure how to contact them--anyone have an address or email? Thanks

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, FL 33178-2428

I wrote a letter to Carnival with both pluses & minuses, I had a letter back within the month. It was NOT a form letter as they addressed each issue independently.

How did they respond to your complaint? Im still unsure how to contact them--anyone have an address or email? Thanks

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, FL 33178-2428

I wrote a letter to Carnival with both pluses & minuses, I had a letter back within the month. It was NOT a form letter as they addressed each issue independently. A written letter is the best form rather than a e-mail.

I sent an email and followed it up with a letter to guest relations. My "problem" was not of any great significance, but I did receive a voucher for something from the bon voyage department for one of my next cruises. I have mentioned in previous posts that I find it helpful to point out what went right about your trip and provide constuctive criticism on what what wrong. For example, as I recall you are the young lady that they took away your cabin assignment and did not really notify you properly. Perhaps the way to address this is to advise what you would have found an acceptable resolution to that issue. Not trying to be "preachy" just trying to help out.

I initially had a sneaky suspicion that your complaint was over Children when I saw your cruise date... right over Christmas Break when all the kids are out of School and cruising with their parents.

So I had to see if you wrote a review, and behold you did. So I read it. Mostly it was good... but the Diva part of your name is appropriate too, given some of your comments... even if you weren't always right.

But near the end, the expected bombshell regarding run-amuck kids turned up as clear as day... turned up a couple times, actually.

So before you send off a nasty note to gripe, consider the following:

Cruise Lines have the opportunity to nearly double their revenues by enticing parents to bring their children with them on a cruise. There are not many adults willing to pile up 4 or 5 to a room with other adults. I suppose they could hang a sock on the door if they wanted privacy... but the run-amuck kids would have swiped the sock anyway.

Sorry your career as a Teacher coincides with the peaks and valleys of vacation pricing, but that's life. My brother rarely takes a vacation at all because of his career choice.

Regarding your balcony gripe... the Cat 12 balconies are not any wider than yours... maybe longer, but not wider. You would still have to turn your chair sideways (not sure why you felt you needed to).

Honestly, you should have booked a cruise on a Carnival Ship where 80% of the rooms were balcony rooms... like the Carnival Pride or Carnival Spirit. You selected a ship where only 5% of the staterooms have balconies. Your Cat 11 on the Fantasy would have been the same as a Cat 8A ( Balcony Cats are 8A -8I) in a Spirit Class ship. However, Most balconies on most Carnival ships would still have been the same size as yours. In fact, the Sprit Class ships have the largest balconies of all the Carnival Ships.

Not sure what you were expecting in terms of Cabin Stateroom size. It's a ship, not the Taj Majhal. The fact is, Carnival Ship cabins are about 50% larger than the other Cruise Lines. I would hate to read your cabin review had you cruised RCL.

And last... why don't you talk this over with your Mother... sounds like she has a few cruises under her belt... and see if your expectations were set just a bit too high to begin with. I suspect she would be able to help you out with your opinions.

Honestly... your review indicated that you had a good time for the most part... except for the parts you felt you wanted to control.

P.s. Antipasto quite commonly comes with squid or calamari. There is not one single correct way of serving Antipasto.

The most traditional offerings are cured meats, marinated vegetables, olives, pepperoni (not to be confused with the meat), which are marinated small peppers, and various cheeses, perhaps provolone, or fresh mozzarella. Other additions may be anchovies, or bruschetta, toasted bread, upon which one may stack the meats or cheeses. The antipasto is usually topped off with some olive oil.

I hope you reconsider... sounds like you had nice cruise.

I initially had a sneaky suspicion that your complaint was over Children when I saw your cruise date... right over Christmas Break when all the kids are out of School and cruising with their parents.

So I had to see if you wrote a review, and behold you did. So I read it. Mostly it was good... but the Diva part of your name is appropriate too, given some of your comments... even if you weren't always right.

But near the end, the expected bombshell regarding run-amuck kids turned up as clear as day... turned up a couple times, actually.

So before you send off a nasty note to gripe, consider the following:

Cruise Lines have the opportunity to nearly double their revenues by enticing parents to bring their children with them on a cruise. There are not many adults willing to pile up 4 or 5 to a room with other adults. I suppose they could hang a sock on the door if they wanted privacy... but the run-amuck kids would have swiped the sock anyway.

Sorry your career as a Teacher coincides with the peaks and valleys of vacation pricing, but that's life. My brother rarely takes a vacation at all because of his career choice.

Regarding your balcony gripe... the Cat 12 balconies are not any wider than yours... maybe longer, but not wider. You would still have to turn your chair sideways (not sure why you felt you needed to).

Honestly, you should have booked a cruise on a Carnival Ship where 80% of the rooms were balcony rooms... like the Carnival Pride or Carnival Spirit. You selected a ship where only 5% of the staterooms have balconies. Your Cat 11 on the Fantasy would have been the same as a Cat 8A ( Balcony Cats are 8A -8I) in a Spirit Class ship. However, Most balconies on most Carnival ships would still have been the same size as yours. In fact, the Sprit Class ships have the largest balconies of all the Carnival Ships.

Not sure what you were expecting in terms of Cabin Stateroom size. It's a ship, not the Taj Majhal. The fact is, Carnival Ship cabins are about 50% larger than the other Cruise Lines. I would hate to read your cabin review had you cruised RCL.

And last... why don't you talk this over with your Mother... sounds like she has a few cruises under her belt... and see if your expectations were set just a bit too high to begin with. I suspect she would be able to help you out with your opinions.

Honestly... your review indicated that you had a good time for the most part... except for the parts you felt you wanted to control.

P.s. Antipasto quite commonly comes with squid or calamari. There is not one single correct way of serving Antipasto.

The most traditional offerings are cured meats, marinated vegetables, olives, pepperoni (not to be confused with the meat), which are marinated small peppers, and various cheeses, perhaps provolone, or fresh mozzarella. Other additions may be anchovies, or bruschetta, toasted bread, upon which one may stack the meats or cheeses. The antipasto is usually topped off with some olive oil.

I hope you reconsider... sounds like you had nice cruise.

The balcony chairs were already turned sideways-if we had turned them

straight our knees would be hitting the railings

-you must have scanned the review, not read all of it-DH was spit on standing in atrium, ran two flights of steps and stopped the kid and got security-who did nothing once the kid ran. The elevators where used as playland-elderly people on canes were shoved into railings-I dont kow what the h&*** you are talking about kids in rooms and tags on door--my review stated that kids ran up and down halls at all hours banging on doors. 4 yr-10yr were seen walking around ship alone. YES, I do have avalid complaint-Carnival needs to require thatif a child is not in Camp Carnival then if under 13 they must be in accompaniment of an adult at all times. So yes, I do have a valid complaint

Yeppers... that is why I don't cuise during those times. Been reading "Your" story for years. That's why I had a high suspision of your complaint.

Clearly, it will fall on deaf ears, as clearly it has for years.

It has had been a couple weeks since your vacation... don't let the parents who think that the railings of the ship is the ship's baby-sitter. Instead, focus on the fun you had.

For interested folks, here is the review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=680134

I'm glad someone provided you with the address to make a complaint. If you feel like you were treated unfairly, you of course have every right to write a letter to Carnival. You said you didn't want to go into it, but someone had to drudge it up and point out why to him/her each of your complaints aren't valid. :rolleyes: I can't believe someone spit on your husband! Geesh!

The OP had a problem with her vacation. She asked for an address to send her complaint to. End of story, or it should have been.

If she had a problem she should be able to voice her concern to the appropriate office at Carnival without being demonized for it. It's her opinion and she's entitled to it.

Sounds like the peole who complain when they go to Disneyland during Christmas.

Should I be a betting person, I would bet that DH would get spit on at Disney too. A supervised Teen is hardly a Saint. I could only imagine an un-supervised teen.

Lesson learned. I agree, time to move on.

I was curious enough to read your review. All in all interesting but not generally anything unexpected...until I read this: "Carnival and all cruise lines need to institute a policy that ALL CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIME! NO EXCEPTIONS!"

That type of mindset is just plain wrong and it was disappointing to hear someone from a school system adopt such a penal approach. Can it be that what you said slipped out as an emotional response and you didn't mean it?

Where do I go online or write to state a complaint to Carnival regarding issues with our last cruise? Dont want to go into it-rather lengthy-just need the info from your experienced Carnival cruisers--thanks

I read your review and felt it was balanced and fair. I am sorry that you can't post your feelings on this website without being bashed. Good luck with your letter and please don't let one bad experience keep you from Carnival, we always try to cruise during non peak times to avoid the huge amounts of kids. Unfortunately for you your holidays fall the same time as the kids. Being an educator is a tough job and we appreciate what you do.

If you go over to RCCL or any of the other cruise lines you will find the same type of complaints about the kids not being supervised. Its a double edge sword for the cruiselines. If they say something to the kids the parents get mad, if they don't others get mad. Same thing with dress in the dining rooms. We were on NCL and in one of the restaurants they asked a family to leave because they were in shorts and flipflops. The poor waiter then received a screaming rampage from them before they left. The rest of us clapped for the waiter and told him thank you.

Thanks for taking time to leave a review and hope you get the answers you need.

Diane

Archived