Car seat in ports?

ancryan

We are also traveling with our daughter who will be a little over 3.5 when we cruise. We have a big Britax carseat we use and it was a bit cumbersome last time we flew and I dread carrying that thing around. My husband just suggested that we buy a booster for the vacation. Not sure how big your child is, but ours is on the cusp so I feel comfortable using it for vacation, even though I will stick to our big one for home.

Traveling with a 3 year old and wondering if anyone has had any experience with taking car seats into ports for the taxi rides. What worked well? Any hints or suggestions? Thank you!

I've traveled quite a bit with my child. I always use a car seat in ports. I use the Sit n Stroll. Works as a car seat and a stroller. It can also be used on most planes as a safety seat. I've heard that it doesn't fit on some planes, but I've never had the problem on AA, UA, jetblue, southwest, and delta.

We just completed some travel and I will have to say good bye to the sit n stroll....she is too big for it! It's been to Mexico, the us virgins, BVI, Caymans, grenada, jamaica, bahamas,Curacao, Aruba, barbados, martinique, st. lucia, and numerous trips in the US.

Once in a while in port you mau have to wait for a second taxi. (I've only had it happen once) The taxi (nassau)seatbelts were cut. Just look down in the seat or behind it and you will find the seat belt.

Safe Travels!

HI,

I am probably not the norm, but I will be bringing our booster car seat for my 8 year old. She is tiny (barely on the charts) and I would never let her not use a car seat at home, so I am following the same rules. It is not that much of a hassle, and the benefits outweigh the dragging it through the airport PITA.

Maybe each island will have some sort of sticker we can put on it to show all the places it has been.

Kim

Archived