What RCCL ship is to replace Monarch in LA?

I was looking to see if any one has had Sheldon as the HW. We are looking forward to seeing him again on our 9/29 sailing. :cool:

He is now manager of the Windjammer! We saw him on our last trip this past June. He was supervising the set up of Sundays' on deck BBQ. He said he was recently promoted. Glad he was promoted, but missed him in the dining room!

• 6 months later...

Saw this on a thread regarding the Mariner pre inagural. :(:(:( The tears are pooling on my keyboard:(

After enjoying more drinks, more exploring, & more photos… we headed up to the Viking Crown Lounge for our Cruise Critic get together. What a treat to meet so many people and see others again!! Special thanks to Rancher Dave for arranging to have Bennie the Bear AND Adam Goldstein visit us during our meeting. Adam was nice enough to visit and chat with all of us during his very busy day. He was only onboard for the one day, so for him to take time out for us was very nice of him to do. He didn’t pull any punches. He told us personally that RCCL would NOT be bringing another ship to fill the 3/4 night slots that Monarch vacated. He would state this again later at Common Ground, I am told. But this was the first definite indication that I had heard from Adam himself. I came right out and asked him why, since it was rumored that Monarch was a “cash cow”. Others mentioned that each time they sailed on her, she was sold out. His answer, was at what price? Monarch was in no uncertain terms, not making raking in the money that others claimed that she was. His exact words, “If she was, she would still be here.” End of discussion

the radiance is taking it over for a little doing 4,5,10,and 12 cruises to the mexican riviera out of sandiego starting in september 09 i just looked on theyre website under mexico

1) That is part time. The Monarch was full time.

2) No three night weekend cruises. Just 4 and 5 night cruises.

Archived