Portside Wharf after the cruise

Kezzie81

Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me if there are any cafe's or pub's near Portside wharf? Our flight home on the 19th is not until 3pm so we have a few hours to kill. Just tooking for somewhere to eat lunch and have a few drinks before heading to the airport.

Thanks Kez

Hey Kez,

There are quite a few cafes, resturants and take away shops actually at portside where the ship comes in. There is also a movie cinema there too if that tickles your fancy. Oh and a Ice cream shop (that excites me!!) It is pretty good food there. there is also a park across the road if you wanted to not sit in the cafe and eat. You can then get a cab straight from portside to the airport. Portside is a whole complex, not just a wharf.

Cheers,

Kirsten

You're also a short stroll from Racecourse Road, which is a popular cafe spot for Bris. The Hamilton Hotel ("The Hammo") is the pub on the corner of Racecourse Road, just near the Wharf.

But if you really want to relax and enjoy a quiet ale I would grab a cab (for about 5 bucks) and head to the Breakfast Creek Hotel. You could walk there in about 15-20mins but I don't recommend the walk with luggage. It's a famous Brisbane landmark and a damn good pub (aaahhh my misspent youth :) ). They also serve coffees etc.

Then it's an easy trip back to the airport as the pub is located on Kingsford Smith Drive.

Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me if there are any cafe's or pub's near Portside wharf? Our flight home on the 19th is not until 3pm so we have a few hours to kill. Just tooking for somewhere to eat lunch and have a few drinks before heading to the airport.

Thanks Kez

I see you are talking about brisbane, check out the lonely planet guide to the city. it will not only tell you the good places to eat it will also tell you the prices.

Archived