Travel Insurance ? Best price, way to get it?

Slippery when wet

This is too late for this vacation, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice about travel insurance?

We paid $99.00 each thru Costa for cancellation, lost baggage....health etc...all ecompassing...

It was a split second decision to get it at the time on the phone to Costa while booking, but now after reading this forum with so many seasoned sailors.....I am wondering for the future, does anyone have a cheaper/better way to get insurance?

Perhaps thru a credit card ?

Thanks!

Wow....I wish I had've found this site earlier!!!

Anyone have an answer to my question to Ask Andy , posted a few minutes ago? I am looking for advice for shore trip to ST. Thomas

We have never been to St. Thomas; but are going in March. We have booked with Godfrey due to the information from the threads-it will be half the cost of the ship excursion you described in your other post. Welcome to the boards and get ready to become addicted to all the information on the boards! :) You can spend hours!

Don't forget to check the ports of call thread for each of the ports that you are going to....you will get great advice on what to do and how to save time and money!

Have a great cruise!

Karen

Hi Karen

Thank-you! Who is Godfrey? I have read most of the posts on the Ports of Call threads....I get all mixed up on where the heck I am in the site, leaving questions all over the place and then I keep forgetting where I asked stuff!! I have a pad of paper beside my laptop now, and am making notes...geesh...

almost like work keeping track!!! :)

So very informative...I am learning so much and so grateful to know all these things in advance.

We booked our trip quickly after receiving an ad e mail that kids are free! My parents are in FLL for a month and we wanted to come and visit them and found that hotels/flights/rental cars/finding stuff to do everyday/ was going to be ridiculously expensive, so we asked my parents to join us on a cruise!

I was so nervous having never even heard of Costa before! We are trying desperately to watch money....having made a few major puchases lately and should not even really be taking a vacation!!!! But we have a new motto;

"Live while I'm alive....sleep when I'm dead"....Jon bon jovi....

Too many of our friends are dying young...cancer.....heart....very scary, makes you put things in perspective......

So, anyway........off topic.......trying to do St. Thomas without spending too much.

Interested in this Godfrey thing......Can you help with more info?

Thank-you!

We have never been to St. Thomas; but are going in March. We have booked with Godfrey due to the information from the threads-it will be half the cost of the ship excursion you described in your other post. Welcome to the boards and get ready to become addicted to all the information on the boards! :) You can spend hours!

Don't forget to check the ports of call thread for each of the ports that you are going to....you will get great advice on what to do and how to save time and money!

Have a great cruise!

Karen

We booked a godfrey tour last Novemebr, it was $25 inc the taxi to the market place to meet the bus.

It was an ok tour nothing wonderful, but half the cunard price and as good, they took us and showed the main places, BUT i felt they could have shown more, and mised out the shopping mail LOL.

that said they were worth the money, and had a clean open sided bus and stopped for photos etc.

1 word of warning, DONT leave anything on bus, 1 lady left a bag and had it stolen near the mall, lucly it contained nothing special.

The duty free shop right on the dock is the best, so cheap and so many offers, DOBT miss it LOL>

if your on st Lucia make sure you get a tour with cosol that is the very best for $50

have fun

rob

Wow....I wish I had've found this site earlier!!!

Anyone have an answer to my question to Ask Andy , posted a few minutes ago? I am looking for advice for shore trip to ST. Thomas

We just did Costa and St Thomas..it was GORGEOUS! We just did a cab to Magens Bay..it was GORGEOUS!

slippery when wet,

I use the insurance on my gold visa from the laurention bank (yes, I am canadian) for the cancellation portion and medical is covered under my husband's sunlife policy at work. The cruise must be fully paid on the credit card. I have had a claim and although it took some haggling they did eventually pay everything.

So, I never buy insurance from the cruise lines or airlines. Each credit card is different so read the rules carefully if you plan to use this insurance.

Archived