Why is everyone so negative about Samana DR?

Palm_trees

The mangroves/caves part of the tour was meant to be 3.5-4 hours and was schedule to leave at, so we would have been to Cayo by 1:30 or 2 had the ship anchored in time. Since we were put a bit behind schedule, though, we weren't to the beach until closer to 3:45, so we only had about an hour and a half there. It was a great hour and a half though!!

Hey kruzingtogether - thanks for the info. Have a question...The pier? When we were there last year - the pier was new but had no side rails (it was a wood pier jutting out in the water). We're traveling with someone who has mobility issues and sometimes need to stop and hold on the rail. Have there been any improvements or further developments with the pier?

Hey kruzingtogether - thanks for the info. Have a question...The pier? When we were there last year - the pier was new but had no side rails (it was a wood pier jutting out in the water). We're traveling with someone who has mobility issues and sometimes need to stop and hold on the rail. Have there been any improvements or further developments with the pier?

We were there in mid January - the 13th, I think, on the Pearl. We tendered - I saw no pier at all. I'm thinking that a shore excursion with a mobility-challenged person might be risky. Even if the seas were calm enough to get him/her onto the tender on the way off, there's no guarantee that the weather would be good upon return. That being said, the crew members aboard the ship are always there to extend a hand to help.

Unless you mean the pier at Cayo Levantado... That was a simple wooden pier. I don't recall seeing handrails. The camera ate my pictures, so I can't doublecheck. :(

Hope this helps!

Neither the pier that the Cayo tender went to nor the pier the Samana tender went to seemed very accessible to a person with mobility issues ... just basic wooden piers without hand rails...

We had just our family of six - and that was no problem for Casa Dorado - email them - it's usually Roberto's wife (English speaking American) who answers and corresponds via email. Tell her the family of 6 who rented the ATV's on Christmas Day referred you-she'll do whatever she can to accommodate you I am certain! Let me know. Good luck!!

I'm having difficulty locating the website with information on their ATV tour. Can you help? Thanks.

I'm having difficulty locating the website with information on their ATV tour. Can you help? Thanks.

I also contacted them about the ATV at this address Roberto Guzman [r_guzman2@yahoo.com] This was the reply:

ATV trip from las Galeras to Playa Rincon. You stop

at an iguana farm en route to Rincon and have time to

swim at the beach/eat a fish lunch before heading

back. An ATV trip including the guide, soft drinks

is about $90-95 per person, if everyone has their own

ATV. If some of you are interested in sharing ATVs.

Often 2 people ride them and switch turns driving then

the price can come down a little bit.

Be sure to spell the address exactly as shown...the website does not offer info re the ATV's but they are available and will give you price quotes via email. Good luck...again!

Yes, it's a bit confusing as there is a company with similiar address in Cabo San Lucas. The web address for Casa Dorado in Samana DR is:

http://www.casadoradordr.com

The email address is:

info@casadorador.com

telephone #: 1-829-221-2493

Let me know if you have any trouble contacting them - good luck!

Archived