Vision or Pride - Which do you prefer?

funat55

We've decided to book a cruise for the first week in August. We sailed on both RCCL and Carnival and had no complaints. We've done the Baja several times and prefer Carnival hands down over RCCL which currently sails the Monarch. Rooms were much bigger on Carnival. On the other hand we really enjoyed RCCL on other itineraries. Which cruise line would you recommend for a 7 day Mexican Riviera, the Carnival Pride or Vision of the Seas?

We've decided to book a cruise for the first week in August. We sailed on both RCCL and Carnival and had no complaints. We've done the Baja several times and prefer Carnival hands down over RCCL which currently sails the Monarch. Rooms were much bigger on Carnival. On the other hand we really enjoyed RCCL on other itineraries. Which cruise line would you recommend for a 7 day Mexican Riviera, the Carnival Pride or Vision of the Seas?

If cabin size is your deternminant and you're happy with Carnival, go ahead and take the Pride...

I've got a 195 sf balcony cabin on the Vision for my March cruise...but, if you take an inside cabin, the insides on the Vision are much smaller (though not as small as on the Monarch)...

For me, there is NO CONTEST whatsoever...

I took my third and final cruise on Carnival back in July...I made the mistake of taking it back-to-back with a Royal Caribbean cruise so all of the many deficiencies of Carnival stood out...Overcrowded, poor service, tacky, etc.

But, some people seem to like Carnival...Everyone has different standards, different criteria...What I may find poor in the way of service might be completely acceptable to someone else...What I may find tacky, someone else may find "fun"...

So, if you prefer Carnival, step right up...it may be the right choice for you...

Now, next year, when RCCL switches out the Vision for the Mariner of the Seas, it will really be no contest...Carnival has nothing that comes close...

Bruce, I agree with you 100%. If you compare the best ship that Carnival has to offer with the best ship that RCCL has to offer, RCCL will win hands down. The problem I've found is that at the moment, they don't have their best ships sailing to the Mexican Rivera. I did not particularly care for the Monarch of the Seas when I went to Baja, and preferred the Paradise. That is why I thought I would try to find out which ship is best for this itinery. You have been very helpful. Thanks!!:)

...I did not particularly care for the Monarch of the Seas when I went to Baja, and preferred the Paradise. That is why I thought I would try to find out which ship is best for this itinery. You have been very helpful. Thanks!!:)

Hi Fun,

Please don't compare the Monarch with Vision. We haven't ever sailed on Pride but have done both of the RCCL ships heading south out of CA. Don't get me wrong; I like the Monarch (I sort of got used to her and am planning a "farewell" cruise on her this coming March.) The Vision is a much newer and nicer ship. I must admit that on the first day when I boarded her, I was a little disappointed but I think that was because just 5 months before, I was on the Voyager of the Seas and the Voyager class does spoil you (I am really looking forward to the Mariner arriving on the West Coast.) By the second day after I learned my way around the ship, I grew to really like the Vision class. Anyhow, you probably can't go wrong selecting either. We're doing our first Carnival cruise next Christmas on the Spirit (which I think is the same class as the Pride.) The only two reasons we picked the Spirit instead of RCCL is the price and the ports. If RCCL sailed the Vision to Acapulco, Zhiua and Manzinillo over Christmas '08 at a price similiar to Carnival, we'd be on it (one more cruise towards C & A Diamond.)

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the input. You are absolutely right about not comparing the Monarch with the Vision. The Vision looks beautiful. But sometimes one cruiseline may be better then another, depending on where they're going. So this is getting harder and harder. I have price compared with both cruiselines on the internet and through various travel companies. Originally I was leaning towards the Vision because, believe it or not, they were coming up with a better price on their outside and inside cabins then Carnival. Oddly, Carnival has a better price on the balconies. Go figure.

LaVonna

Archived