Looking for a thread?

CanadianMommyof2

I'm looking for the thread of suggested things to bring with you on the cruise. Does anyone know which one I'm taking about? It listed things like duct tape, lysol, etc. I tried to search for it but got no where. Thanks

Geez, there must be a TON of lists with that stuff on them! Did you check in the "First Time Cruisers" section??First Time Cruisers - Cruise Forums - Cruise Message Boards - Cruise Critic

Try doing a search for "Packing Lists" on Cruise Critic, or just do a google search for cruise packing lists and you should find tons of lists, maybe TOO many!! ;) Good luck!!

Thanks everyone :) The cruise critic search isn't working, message comes up saying something is wrong with the database.

Yikes! The board has been very slow today, at least for ME it has! Hope you find what you need! One bit of advice-be very careful that you don't overpack!! I WAY overpacked on my first cruise, i didn't use 3/4 of the stuff I brought! :eek: good luck!!:)

I know there are tons of things on that list, but half of it, we took, and never got out of the suitcase.

Our necessaty bag consist of these things.

1. extension cord/power strip

2. air freshner for the bathroom for those times when needed to cover up.

3. a night light for the room. I am taking the flameless candle / air freshner.

4. a clock (especially if you have an interior cabin)

5. small first aid kit

6. address labels for extra luggage tags you may need

7. collaspial mesh clothes bags for dirty clothes.

8. curling iron

9. laundry soap and softener (unless you don't do laundry, or pay them the out landish price) washers and dryers are 2$ each. Soap is 1$ for 1 load.

10. hair conditioner (they have shampoo, and body wash)

11. COMFORTABLE shoes. don't buy new one's and expect to wear them without blisters.

12. of course your clothes 2 dresses for formal nights, 1 suit for men

plenty of swim suits. DD takes 4, I take 2.

13. Your meds, aspirin, tylenol, advil, Pepto, immodium, allergy tabs, tums, vitiamns, sea sick pills/patch, hand sanitizer for the cabin, and your pockets. get the little sample bottles to use in dining rooms, etc.

14. sunscreen and aloe in case you get burned.

15. rain slickers

16. MP3 player for teens/kids/self

17. extra sd cards for your digital camera, or extra disposable which ever you use.

18. fanny pack. You don't want to have to lug around a purse all week.

19. if you have a balcony, a bunji cord to hold the door open.

That is my list. I do all but the last one, we don't get balconys. Not that we don't want them, but we go the cheaper route since we are seldom in our cabin.

Thanks everyone :) The cruise critic search isn't working, message comes up saying something is wrong with the database. Did a google search however and found it. Thanks again.

To search Cruise Critic using Google, append Site:boards.cruisecritic.com to your search string. Like this:

packing lists site:boards.cruisecritic.com

which returns this: http://www.google.ca/search?q=packing+lists+site%3Aboards.cruisecritic.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Yikes! The board has been very slow today, at least for ME it has! Hope you find what you need! One bit of advice-be very careful that you don't overpack!! I WAY overpacked on my first cruise, i didn't use 3/4 of the stuff I brought! :eek: good luck!!:)

Thankfully to these boards when my fiance and I first cruised we packed light. I think the only thing that didn't get used was his snorkel fins. Just too much work and he kept forgetting to grab them before we left cabin. I didn't take any of the extras like powerstrips, lysols, nightlights. We had enough light come in at the bottom of the door to just see the door handle for the bathroom. and we didn't bring very many extras. I brought hot rollers for my hair (I like them WAY better than curling irons) and my hairdryer, but they never needed to be plugged in at the same time. We had the laptop we brought plugged in just to keep the battery from dying. (we used it for the Microsoft streets and trips instead of a regular map) I didn't miss anything either.

Archived