Question about luggage tags

legalsec

As a first time cruiser, I was really looking forward to getting my "welcome packet" in the mail which was to include luggage tags. Well, it hasn't happened yet and we sail on Feb. 6. So I printed out all my edocs from the NCL website.

So here's my probably silly question. The luggage tags were (obviously) printed out on computer paper. Instructions just say to staple in place. I can't imagine that doing this would be very secure and the tags could come off easily. So how does everyone do this so the tags stay on securely?

Thanks so much for your help.

As a first time cruiser, I was really looking forward to getting my "welcome packet" in the mail which was to include luggage tags. Well, it hasn't happened yet and we sail on Feb. 6. So I printed out all my edocs from the NCL website.

So here's my probably silly question. The luggage tags were (obviously) printed out on computer paper. Instructions just say to staple in place. I can't imagine that doing this would be very secure and the tags could come off easily. So how does everyone do this so the tags stay on securely?

Thanks so much for your help.

You can go to a place like Staples and have them printed on a heavier paper or you can use something like packing tape and laminate them.

We originally printed out our e-docs but our travel agent also sent us the e-docs along with REAL luggage tags.

We are sailing on 01/27 and just received our packet directly from NCL about 3 days ago (we used an online TA btw). I know there have been some posts that say this info is usually sent out within a few weeks of final payment. I wouldn't know as we just booked during the holidays. Give it another few days, they could still come.

There was a thread not too long ago about the edoc luggage tags. Be sure you don't cut them down to the actual size of the tag itself. There should be in fine print how to fold them over so that they actually end up with a triple thickness. After having folded them as such, then "laminate" them with the clear packing tape. Surprisingly, from what I have read on other posts, they do in fact hold up better than expected. If they should come off in route to the port, keep in mind also that the porters at the pier have replacements.

This brings to mind something that bothered me about the packet I received from NCL with the welcome booklet and the tags. This was put into a clear plastic holder that is simply folded over and stays closed by way of static. Our name and address along with our sailing date was clearly displayed through the packaging. There was no outer envelope. I felt like this was announcing to the world that we would be gone from our home that week. Feel free to come on in and survey or rob us blind if you please. Has this bothered anyone else? (I know, I know-much more important things in life to worry about!).

Bird 166 My luggage tags were on page 7 of the edocs. I just printed out several page 7's. Your printer will allow you to print selected pages.

I plan to laminate the tags to be sure they are strong enough. Those luggage porters can be brutal.

Some cruises we have been on have recommended not putting the cruise tags on the luggage until you claim your luggage at the arrival airport. I don't know about NCL.

We booked our 1-19 cruise with Expedia and received our documents 2 weeks ago via UPS Express. Unfortunately, we are out of town and a neighbor had to ship them down to us. Received them yestereday. The luggage tags are nice and a little more sturdy than computer paper. I've read where many people just laminate or use packaging tape on the computer tags.

No tickets in the packet, just the welcome aboard brochure which was already printed and a brochure for shore excursions.

I read a post recently about NCL 2.0 that said we no longer get luggage tags in the mail but from the porters because they ask you your time of debarkation and color them this way. Is this true? Has anyone experienced this?:confused:

Archived