White Star luggage service

starcraft

Hello,

we are booked on QE2 World Cruise segmant LA Soton. We want to use the White Star lufggage service (Germany to LA). Can you give us further information.

Is this service secure? We don`t want to have lost luggage.

What are your experiences with this service?

How much money will this service cost?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Thorsten

I used the white star luggage service to ship our formal clothes from the US to QE2 in Soton in Dec.

It's expensive, but I would do it again if I had a lot of pre-cruise travel, as I did on this trip.

Because it's going internationally, you have to fill out customs declarations. White Star was very good about giving instructions and the people I spoke to on the phone were very helpful in answering my questions. I had to have the bag ready for pickup two weeks before the cruise departed, so you do have to plan ahead.

The rules for US to UK were clothes and shoes only. No liquid, no electronics, no jewelry. I wouldn't have packed any of those things anyhow, as the bad must be sent unlocked so that Customs can inspect if necessary. White Star told me that the Customs people x-ray the bag and if they see only clothes and shoes they don't open the bag. Our garment bag did not appear to have been opened--I don't think inspectors would have slipped the layers of paper between garments as neatly as I did.

White Star uses DHL, and will give you a DHL tracking number so that you can see where your package is. I got a bit panicky because my bag seemed to be in customs forever, but the White Star people said that's just what the DHL site gives you until the bag gets from the arrival airport to the pre-ship storage.

I don't know how the service will be for you, but start by calling the number for White Star and ask questions. (Be sure you're sitting down when they tell you the price)

Enjoy the QE2, she's the best!

Kathy

Archived